Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have an Epson Artisan 1430 and I am trying to print cards.

Customer Question
The layout looks right on...
I have an Epson Artisan 1430 and I am trying to print cards. The layout looks right on the preview, but when printing it changes orientation. I tried to follow instructions for the custom size cards online and still it won't print where I expect it to. I have also tried feeding the cards horizontally as well as vertically through the printer.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
6/28/2016
Technician: Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist replied 1 year ago
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience: A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Mac OSX 10.11.5

Would you like me to connect to your computer from here and work on the issue directly on screen? If so we can set this up via a secure remote assistance session. That session is guaranteed meaning if I cant help you then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees.

Otherwise, I can try and assist you via written support alone. Let me know how you'd like to begin.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks, ***** ***** I'll just go for written explanations.

All right.. lets first reinstall the print driver with the most recent version.

Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
Click Printers & Scanners.
In some versions of OS X, this preference is named Print & Scan or Print & Fax.
Control-click anywhere in the list of devices on the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the shortcut menu that appears.

Next

Open your finder ( magnifying glass ) type in disk utility, and launch the disk utility application.

On the left side of the disk utility window, click your mac hd, then at the upper right hand side click first aid and run first aid.

Once complete, go to this link and download the full featured driver and software package http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?oid=191763&infoType=Downloads&platform=OSF_M_X11

Once downloaded, open and install it.. This will reinstall your printer. Once reinstalled.

Let me know what media type setting you are choosing from the file , print menu as mentioned on this page.

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?UseCookie=yes&infoType=FAQ&oid=191763&foid=207806

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It asks for "Print Profile" and I sometimes click on the Artisan 1430 paper premium matte, but sometimes just leave in the default of Artisan matte paper-HW

You mentioned you are trying to print cards.. Whats the actual paper size of the cards?

Is it cardstock your using? Do you know the brand and type of card paper?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
card stock called Strathmore "Creative Cards" 5x6 7/8 inches or 12.7x17.4 cm
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sorry the actual paper size is 6 7/8 x10 inches
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have also used regular printer paper for testing things. this paper feeds fine and is 80 lb paper

Ok, have you tried setting a custom paper size to 6 and 7/8ths by 10 , since we upgraded the print driver? And youd want to make sure thats set from the file print menu, immediately before printing.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'll try again, but have already redownloaded and tried another time.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
should I feed the paper horizontally or vertically? I have the image set up horizontally.

At the end of the day, this is probably either a paper source or paper settings issue.. Either they are being over ridden by the program you are printing from.

or, the settings in the print driver are over riding the settings in the program. Most likely youd feed the paper horizontally.. But, again.. You have two sets of settings to consider.. The print program you are using.. And the printer driver.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Dustin, that didn't change anything so far. I am trying to print it out of "preview" as opposed to Photoshop and I got the same placement of the image which was rotated and in the wrong place.

Ok.. try printing from photoshop instead, and changing the printer settings through the file > print menu on photoshop.

Try the same settings in both photoshop, then preview.. And compare results.. We may be able to figure out which app is controlling the printer properties.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Actually, I was first working out of Photoshop and tried it after the update as well, then decided to try Preview and both did the exact same change in orientation.

I believe I will have to opt out.. Without seeing and working with the settings personally, im afraid weve reached the point where my suggestions are too general, and not helpful.

Dustin S

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK, thanks.
Technician: Joel Kalman, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. If you are printing 4 cards per page, I think I might know what the problem is. Can you explain more about the problem? Specifically, is it an orientation problem or a placement problem, or botjh?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks Joel, I'm sorted now.

Okay. I am glad that you have solved your problem. And thank you for choosing Just Answer.

Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer