John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a HP Officejet 4630 All-in-One Series...I was using

Customer Question

I have a HP Officejet 4630 All-in-One Series...I was using ink cartridges that I had purchased over the net several months ago...the black ran out, and I put in another cartridge that I had purchased over net...I'm getting the message on my printer the "ink cartridges must be replaced"...Please help ASAP...I have a project that I must finish tonight!!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I'm Tim and will be assisting you today. I have over 15 Years as an Engineer and have been with eBay, DoD and many others. I will do my VERY BEST to help you. If you like i can offer remote access and a call. In addition, with any positive rating I will support your question going forward for free.

Sorry to hear you are having problems, what brand Ink did you buy? And is the printer not working at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I ordered HP ink...it came in new boxes labeled LDCompatable INK Cartridge...and they were ink cartriges that I'm sure were used and then re-filled
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the cartridges themselves matched in style as my original HP ink cartridges...I'm 86 Tim, and all this "baiting and switching" is familiar in many areas of my life...I get so tired of having to deal with internet situations like this...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the printer will not work...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you could do that, that would be fine but why are these ink cartridges "programmed" to not work?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please do all you can to keep my charges low
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Clarify to me what is happening...I just need to use my printer that has "new" (apparently used and refilled) cartridges in it and it will not print...the message is: "the following ink cartridges must be replaced"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you do SOMETYHING to my printer that will bypass that message and print for me??
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

your payment failed for remote assistance for some off reason.

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Right, I think the problem is that the cartridges are Used. You can try taking them out and cleaning the print head (the bottom of the cartridge)

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4iKM_z8mvM

If that does not work, id buy brand new cartridges, half the time these :refills" do not work, who knows how many times these have been refilled.

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

There is also a print head cleaner utility your printer can run, but you are better off using the method above.