Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I am trying to scan documents and my printer says 'Please

Customer Question
wait a while' for over...
I am trying to scan documents and my printer says 'Please wait a while' for over an hour now
JA: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Canon PIXMA MX490 fax/printer unit. it is less than1 year old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have shut down and turned it back on. What else is there to do?
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: This worked fine a week ago, very frustrating.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/27/2016
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 1 year ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No difference whatsoever

Did the message come up the second you powered it on?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, only when I selected scan

Thanks

It is the scan unit that has faulted. Its not able to power up the scanner so it stays in the warm up phase.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is really disappointing, obviously I cannot wait to have it repaired when I have documents that need to go out today, I depend on fax/scan/print for my job, so I will replace the unit (but not with a Canon obviously). Thanks for trying to help.

I am sorry about this, I can only tell you the situation and what the problem really is.

If I can do anything else for you, please let me know

And if you can take a second to rate my service (not Canon but me personally) by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Technician