Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

This is a question about software: the Epson produce Film

Customer Question
Factory 3.0. How can...
this is a question about software: the Epson produce Film Factory 3.0. How can I run this software on my Windows 10 64 bit PC?
Thank you for your help and advice.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
6/24/2016
Technician: Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist replied 1 year ago
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience: A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Would you like me to connect to your computer from here and work on the issue directly on screen? If so we can set this up via a secure remote assistance session. That session is guaranteed meaning if I cant help you then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees.

Otherwise, I can try and assist you via written support alone. Let me know how you'd like to begin.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Prefer to use written support alone.

Allright..

Have you tried right clicking the installer for the program, and t hen clicking properties, compatibility, and setting it to install in windows xp sp3 mode?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will you be responding soon? I need either to take five, or proceed immediately. Thank you.

With email and written support.. Its unrealistic to expect a response in under two minutes.. I responded at 2 minutes..

Realistically, it can take up to 10-15 minutes to g et a response by written support as the message has to travel from A to B, and then a proper response has to be formulated, typed, and sent back..

Allright..

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
By the "installer" for the program, are you referring to the .exe? I have not tried that. Will try that. Should that fix the problem?

It could fix the issue.

We may also need to check the box for run as administrator. And if that fials..

Then we need to disable driver signing enforcement, which you can only do from te special boot options menu, as discussed here

http://www.howtogeek.com/228689/how-to-make-old-programs-work-on-windows-10/

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
None of the programs on the s/w disc, with right click, properties, show a 'compatibility' tab. I must take break now; will respond further in 10 or so minutes.

I will be breaking for my afternoon dinner break before the evening shift.. I will be back online around 530 pm est.

D.S

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Understand. I'm on Mountain Time -- my 3:30.

HI, I never heard back from you.

What you may have to do, is open the cd to view the files, press ctrl A to select then all and then ctrl c to copy, and then create a new folder on your desktop and paste the contents of the cd inside the folder.

Then, you should be able to right click the setup application and go into properties, and set the compatibility mode settings.

If you cant get that to work, then our best bet is to connect via remote support. Installing a program that old on windows 10 is probably going to be quite difficult. As you have seen from searching online for a solution to the issue. Thats why It would be best if I connected and worked on this in person.

Dustin S.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Dustin -- you have been most helpful in narrowing down the feasible choices. I do not think I will pursue this one, and instead will jump over that trench and start using one of the Adobe Photoshop products, despite the fact all have more horsepower and complexity than I need. I do appreciate your help and consider our exchange achieved a positive result, although not the one I was hoping for.

Allright.. As a final suggestion, adobe charges 9 9 for elements 14. Photoshop elements 14 will run well on windows 10. http://www.adobe.com/cart.html?marketSegment=COM&editSku=65263733&promoid=YSYYG8QC

However, you can get the same photoshop elements 14 program from amazon for 30$ cheaper. http://amzn.to/28TS28T

If you have any further questions, let me know.

Dustin S.

Hello again.. I never heard back from you.. Did you still need help with this issue?

Dustin S.

Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist