Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have an MP495 which is adequate of my limited printing

Customer Question
I have an MP495 which...
I have an MP495 which is adequate for most of my limited printing needs and it works just fine hard-wired to my desktop. However, I also have a laptop running windows 10 but I can't seem to figure how to get these two to work together via "Wi-Fi". Any help would be appreciated.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/21/2016
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 1 year ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your internet modem / router device?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

On your Windows 10 laptop, please click on the Canon website below:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/mp-series/pixma-mp495?tab=drivers

, then there, download / install the item MP495 series MP Driver...

; (or you can use the direct website link http://tinyurl.com/augmkvz to download)

; Note: the download file name is called mp68-win-mp495-1_03-ejs

, during installation, make sure to to select the option wireless or network option when prompted.

- For full detailed instructions, please click on the website below:

http://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer_products/pixma_printer_wireless_connection_setup/mp495_printer_wireless_connection_setup/

, there, click on the option Standard Connection Method first, and follow the instructions there;

; Note: For step # ***** you do not use the printer's CD disk (as you do not have it), but you use the download website link I've provided above.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician