Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Trying to add a Canon MP 620 to mac El Capitan OS X 10.11.5

Customer Question

trying to add a Canon MP 620 to mac El Capitan OS X 10.11.5 Seems old drivers and software not working.
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I added a HP printer and deleted the Canon. HP is OK. I should have not deleted the Canon, it worked OK for me. Canon bought new @2010
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I downloaded some Canon stuff recommended on your site. It didn't work. I think it was for a different model Canon. I deleted the printer in my System Preferences.
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No thanks. You guys help a lot, Thanks.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

I will be the person helping you today.

I can help you in one of two ways:
1) We will communicate back and forth on this page.
2) Remote support, which would allow me to take a look at the problem and fix it for you while you watch.

In my experiences, remote support saves a lot of time for everybody and is safer because if instructions are not followed correctly, it may make the problem worse or create a new problem.

As a side note, both options are covered by a 100% guarantee and fully refundable, if we are not able to fix your problem.

If you wish to choose the first option, please let me know so we can begin. If you wish to choose the second, better option, then click the Accept this Offer button for Secure Remote Assistance.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
lets comm here

Okay. It looks like your payment to the website has failed. You may need to contact your credit card company or bank and request for them to release the block.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had trouble with the Wi-Fi. OK now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
lets communicate here

It is working now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am glad to hear that. Is there anything else I can help with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No Just this Canon problem.

Okay, so are we all done for now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't got a solution yet

I have run out of ideas.

For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.

When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.

Thank you for your patience.

- Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank You
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

what we need to install is the 10.9 mavericks cups driver from thiis page

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/mp-series/pixma-mp620

Before you install that driver.. Go to the printers and scanners window, delete the canon printer.

And then use that download for 10.9 to reinstall the printer.

if you get stuck or run into any issues installing the printer, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Hello again.. I never heard back from you.. Did you need further assistance?

Dustin S.