John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

We have changed router and network provider .....the laptop

Customer Question

we have changed router and network provider .....the laptop is connected but we can't connect to the printer
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: canon mg3500
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: looked up internet.......says push the buttons, we have done that , still no printing
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: not really
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your new internet modem / router device?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
windows 10.................router is netgear gs308

Besides the Netgear gs308 device, Is there any other modem / router device?

Is the printer connected to the modem / router device, or to any device?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the blue light is on the printer indicating wifi is connected,. lapops are connected to wifi....but cannot send info to printer to print

Do you also have a USB printer cable?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no usb cable

Besides the Netgear gs308 device, is there any other modem / router device? Is there any device currently connected to the Netgear gs308?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have no idea...i am not a technical person....

Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix this issue directly on your computer for you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not at $340 ....the printer costs 600

How about the small amount as shown?

Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help you directly; we guarantee our service:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=d865012d-3349-4344-95d5-fd9794a77db4

, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no thanks...guess you cant help us then

I can help you remotely without any additional fee. Is that okay? We guarantee our service, so don't worry. Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
havent seen any suggestion as yet other than it will cost more

Please ignore that. There is no additional cost. Please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help you directly; we guarantee our service:

If you'd like written instructions, please let me know all the device(s), if any, that are currently connected to the Netgear gs308 device. Please reply at the box below to continue; we guarantee our service. Thank you,

Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem, which is to get the wireless connection working between your Canon MG3500 printer and your Windows 10 computer. I can do this without using a remote connection. If you can follow the detailed instructions that I will provide, I can show you the procedure, so that you can do it yourself. Please let me know when you are ready to proceed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no thanks.......taken far too long....not satisfied with service.....after first question....we can fix for hkd 340.....

i apologize for the way that your question was handled from the start. If I gotten your question to begin with, I would have proceeded to solve your problem immediately, and I would have limited my questions to only those necessary to get started. Can we do that now. I have solved hundreds of printer network connectivity problems such as yours, and I guarantee that I can solve our problem quickly and successfully.

I request that you forget what has happened previously and give me an opportunity to take care of this for you.