Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

Trying to install WorkForce WF-7620 first time. Encountering

Customer Question

Trying to install WorkForce WF-7620 for the first time. Encountering OX F4 error code, our paperwork doesn't tell us what that is, can you please help me, thank you
Category: Printers
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Wes, and I'll be assisting you today.

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

The error message is a paper jam error message.

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

Sometimes the rollers become dirty and cause the paper to slip. This can cause the paper not to pick up or even cause a paper jam because the sensors do not see the paper pass in a certain amount of time.

To fix the problem, unplug the printer power cable. Open the covers and remove any cartridges and look for loose paper. Use tweezers to pull the paper out or the eraser end of a pencil to move the rollers and get to the paper. Then use a damp paper towel with water or Windex and clean the rollers. Start where the paper touches the printer and look for white, gray, and black rollers. Use your fingers to move the rollers as much as you can to clean them. Open the printer and clean the other rollers you can find as well.

Then plug the printer power back in try to print.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Wes, we haven't used the device, it can't be a paperjam, we are trying to program the unit for the first ttime
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

If it is just being used for the first time, there is a lot of packing material and tape that locks the system.

I'll get the getting started link for you to show you where the tape is to remove.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are wanting advice as to how to program the device for the first time. We are following the steps as per the provided CD and have encountered this issues. The steps that we have followed are entering the date time etc. Where have we gone wrong?
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

Would you be able to tell me which section in this document you are having difficulty:

https://files.support.epson.com/docid/cpd3/cpd39381/index.html

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have removed all the packing tapes etc, we were going through the steps as per the CD, to the stage of setting the Country Time etc and then the machine was telling us to turn it off etc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would it be easier to talk to you? How can I call you?
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

Sorry. I'm not available via phone at the moment.

Have you following these steps:

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
these are the steps that we are following, however, when we get to a certain stage the machines asks to be turned off, we have put in the details being requested. Are you familiar with the programming of WF-7620? If so, you would be familiar with the steps that are being asked.
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

Ok. I will open the question so other experts can help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do you mean "open the question"?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We do not to go any further. We do not want to be charged for these conversations. Good bye.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

there are a couple of easy possibilities for that printer if this is the original install

1. You still have some packing material around the print head and it cant move.

2. There is no paper loaded, once you put the cartridges in it wants to print a test sheet. If there is no paper loaded it cant print it and it will flag an error.