Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

The printer says that there is a paper jam and we have

Customer Question
cleared everything JA: The tech wizards...
The printer says that there is a paper jam and we have cleared everything
JA: The tech wizards can certainly get you out of any jam. ;-) They know printers inside and out, and I'd love to connect you with the best one for the job. Do you know the make and model?
Customer: Hp Pfficejet pro 8600
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: everything
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/15/2016
Technician: Sudipto, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Sudipto, Engineer

Thanks for posting your question on Justanswer.com, a global paid independent support site.My Name is***** problem can be caused due to a hardware fault. Please open the printer cover and then power off an on the printer, let me know if the cartridges move back and forth or not ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no

OK, now turn off the printer. Try to slide the cartridges with your hand and let me know if you can do that or not ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hello

Now, keep the cartridges at center and then power on the printer, let me know what happens.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
nothing

Do you mean the cartridges do not move from center, when you power on the printer ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
correct

Are you sure that, you have cleared the paper jam completely ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am positive

OK, follow the steps below to hard reset the printer and let me know.

Remove the power cord from the printer.

Wait for 10 mins.

Reconnect the power cord and check.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok - I will let you know when I plug back in

OK

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
same error message

Thanks, ***** ***** a flash light and check inside the printer , specially on the cartridges' resting position for any obstructions.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have - nothing is in there

Thanks, ***** ***** cartridges are still at the center ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
but they have moved a little bit to the left
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what now
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
are u there?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Why is it taking so long for answers?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
are you there?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it has been an hour since we started, what do you want me to do next

Please turn off the printer then push the cartridges to the resting position and then power on the printer. Let me know what happens.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Same error message
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Same

Thanks, ***** ***** tried to open the back cover of the printer ?

Thanks for the response, I am taking so much time to reply you because I was just doing some research on this problem. As you have cleaned the jammed paper completely and as you can see that the cartridges do not move, the reason behind this problem can be only one thing and it is the sensor. Which I have confirmed from man other sources. Unfortunately, there is only one solution for this problem and it is the replacement of the sensor and as the part is not a user replaceable part , you have to send the printer to any repair shop. But, before that please make sure there is not a single bit of paper left on the cartridge path.

Sudipto, Engineer