John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Minolta zoom 150: Film door seems to be jammed w/film in.

Customer Question

Minolta zoom 150: Film door seems to be jammed w/film in. Believe the film may actually be stuck in the door itself. Not sure
Category: Printers
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I'm Tim and will be assisting you today. I have over 15 Years as an Engineer and have been with eBay, DoD and many others. I will do my VERY BEST to help you. If you like i can offer remote access and a call. In addition, with any positive rating I will support your question going forward for free.

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

This can def be tricky, i would advice having someone that knows how to service it do so, IE take it apart and remove the tape, that's assuming its an important tape, with family stuff on it etc...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not quite understanding right now. I used your site instead of taking it to a repair shop because I thought you would be able to fix it for $23. But now it's my understanding that it will cost me an additional $39 for you to remotely assist me? To be honest, if that's correct, then I'm not satisfied, cause I already knew that if I wasn't going to chance forcing the door, I'd have to take to someone to be repaired. I'm just saying that I didn't need to spend $23 to be told that I should go to a repairman. I already knew that. I thought you would be that link for the original price stated.
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

I can note remotely assist in a damage tape player, obviously.....How could i possible take it apart for you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can't figure that either. I'm only repeating the offer that came up on my screen. "Want to switch to a secure remote assistance?" "If you prefer, I can remotely connect your device and troubleshoot for you." This is part of my confusion. Bot***** *****ne, as I stated on the beginning, I knew I'd have to have a repairperson fix it if I wasn't going to force it, and I thought your site was the equivalent of taking it to a shop. Didn't think that I was going to be told to take it to a shop.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.