Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have a Canon Pixma MG5750 on which the PGBK is leaving

Customer Question

Hi Pearl
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: I have a Canon Pixma MG5750 on which the PGBK is leaving gaps in the printing at variable distance apart but 4 times on an A4 page. Have cleaned nozzles 3 times, all other patterns perfect but big gap in PGBK only. This occurred after paper jam (cleared to Canon procedure) and new PGBK cartridge. Tried a second PGBK cartridge, same effect. Started yesterday, no successful printing since.
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Printer was new within last 3 months, not done it before, no problems until now.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Only from Canon website which is therefore nothing...
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Not unless you can think of anything?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

You mentioned running cleanings and replacing the PGBK cartridge, h ave you tried running an alignment yet?

If not, heres what we need to do, run an alignment. Run it twice if needed.

http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/PrinterDriver/W/MG2500%20series/1.0/EN/PPG/dg-c_alignment.html

Let me know if that helps, and if not. You may have to consider replacing the printhead.

You can get a generic printhead here at a lower cost http://amzn.to/1PtFuPT

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.