Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

How do I get my printer connected to the network

Customer Question
how do I get my printer connected to the network
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
6/14/2016
Technician: VanMagnus Systems, Engineer replied 1 year ago
VanMagnus Systems

Hello, and thank for choosing JA for your support needs. Happy to assist you with this issue. Please tell me the problem from the beginning. It would great help with resolving this issue.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have had this printer for about one year. (HP Designjet T120). I have never had a problem until today when I am unable to print from my computer, iPad or iPhone. The printer has gone off my network. The only thing I can think of is that we had some pretty strong storms go through here this past Friday and we did have some brief power outages (Just for a few seconds). I had my computer turned off, but not the printer. Other than that, there is nothing more I can tell you.

Is the printer able to power on now?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It powers on fine. It shows up on my list of devices on my control panel, it just won't respond when I ask it to print

OK, you Operating System is Windows or MAC?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Windows

If you ask it to print a test page does it do so?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No

OK. Next question. When was the last Windows Update? And. what version of Windows are you using?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Last update about one year ago. Windows 7

OK, just trying to rule out the usual suspects. Lastly, when is your last restore point date?

VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer