Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have a new printer/scanner/fax. I need the fax component

Customer Question

I have a new printer/scanner/fax. I need the fax component and both receiving and sending are fine. I called in the other day: my fax cuts in as soon as my phone rings. I have one phone line with 2 numbers. I thought the problem was corrected but I am still having trouble
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

It sounds as if you have a problem with Distinctive Ring service and its configuration on the Samsung device.

That's how one-line-with-two-numbers usually works.

The Samsung device should be 'trained' or configured to recognize the 'fax number' ring tone, and not respond to the 'voice phone call number' ring tone. If it still is, then you either

A. called the fax number of the two numbers, or

B. called the voice phone number but your phone co. has messed up the configuration and rang with the fax number ringtone type instead.

Contacting your phone co. about it, after checking that your Samsung device's configuration to recognize Distinctive Ring tones is still in place, would be the right thing to do.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you I will call the phone company. I did receive help from JustAnswer a few days ago and was told the fee I paid at that time would cover any issues I would have (with this situation) for 30 days
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you securely connect with my device to solve my problem or must I call the phone company
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I cannot securely connect with a faxing machine, period. It's not electronically possible.

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I am looking at that previous question of yours here at JustAnswer.com...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I see that Expert Dustin instructed you to set DRPD recognition on the Samsung device.

If you did so, then the phone co. may be at fault. They should be called, to make sure the DRPD pattern you set up on the Samsung for its fax part to 'answer to' when it 'hears it' on the line, is a match to what the phone co. has set up for your 'fax number' to ring with.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will I be charged from Justanswer for your response today?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I willcall the phone company now, if I still need help can I call back again
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I don't think you'll be charged for this case, though I have no authority nor power over charges nor billing etc. (To be certain, address your inquiry about charges to *****@******.***.)

Good luck with the phone company and the fax. Thank you for consulting JustAnswer.com.

It's OK to take up this case again later if you have further queries about this matter.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I resolved the issue now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I'm glad to hear it.

Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.

Please feel welcome to return at any time, and as needed, to ask another question, in any one of our numerous categories.