Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have a pixma mx922. I can't get the disc tray to load so I

Customer Question
can print a dvd label JA...
I have a pixma mx922. I can't get the disc tray to load so I can print a dvd label
JA: The tech wizards can certainly get your Canon Pixma back to par, and it would be my pleasure to connect you with one right away. Have you tried to troubleshoot?
Customer: yes
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: When I put a printable DVD in the disk tray on my MX922 I cannot get it to print. When I start printing it pushes the disk tray out and gives me a 1001 error. Sometimes I can get it to print after many retries but not very often.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
6/8/2016
Technician: Jason Jones, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jason Jones, Technician

I am the person that will be helping you today.

The error that you mentioned occurs if you put the disc in upside down. Please, put the disc in the tray with the print side up and try again. Did that help at all?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No that did't help I always put the disc in with the white printable side up and the shinny side down.

I have run out of ideas.

For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.

When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.

Thank you for your patience.

- Jason

Technician: Gary Jensen,
 replied 1 year ago
Gary Jensen

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you with this issue. I am including a link which describes how to set up a Canon printer to print CD/DVD's. You may have already done the things listed here, but just want to make sure that this doesn't solve you problem. If it does, Great! If it doesn't, just let me know and I will continue to help until we get it solved. Here is the link:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Modify-Canon-Pixma-Printer-to-Print-on-CDs--DVDs/

Technician: Gary Jensen,
 replied 1 year ago

Here is another tip by a Canon user and how they solved their problem. Check it out and see what you think:

Solution:

Make sure the inner door is closed (don't insert disc tray before attempting to print).

Then click on print to disc (with whatever program you happen to be using).

Now it will tell you to open the inner door and insert the disc tray.

On mine, I had to insert the tray all the way in (inserting to match the arrows didn't work).

The printer then aligned the tray the way it wanted and printed the disc.

Thanks, Gary

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do everything listed in the above messageMake sure the inner door is closed (don't insert disc tray before attempting to print).Then click on print to disc (with whatever program you happen to be using).Now it will tell you to open the inner door and insert the disc tray.I have tried sliding the tray all the way in, aligned with the arrows and 2 places in between the arrows and all the way in.I used to have work with the printer several times but I could get it to print. I would power off the printer, unplug it then plug it back in after about 15 seconds and power it up again. Then I would restart the program that I used to print the lablel. I just tried to print to a CD. The first one worked, the 2nd one took 4 tries and I could not get the 3rd one to print at all. I have tried using both SureThing and the Canon My Image software.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have not received any further response. Is there someone who can help me solve my problem? If not please tell me how to get a refund.
Technician: Benjamin Larson, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Benjamin Larson
Benjamin Larson, Engineer

Hi! My name is***** to hear about your frustrations. Printers can be so tricky! I would be happy to assist you. If you'd prefer a refund, you can request a refund of your deposit here: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0

(I'd offer to help with the refund, but experts like myself on this site are independent contractors and don't process any payments, that does directly through the JustAnswer company.)

Hi, just wanted to check in with you. Do you still want to get help on your issue? Please respond here and I'll be glad to help you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No
Benjamin Larson
Benjamin Larson
Benjamin Larson, Engineer