Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have an Epson Stylus Photo R2000. My problem us that the

Customer Question

I have an Epson Stylus Photo R2000. My problem us that the photos I print come out bluish.
Have you got an advise
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

You may need to replace some or all of your ink tanks, but lets try the following steps first.

Lets start with a printhead cleaning.. Heres how to carry out the printhead cleaning

http://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/r2000_/r2000_00ug/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?context=Epson&file=quality.10.4.html#1133716

Run the cleaning once.. Then run this alignment

http://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/r2000_/r2000_00ug/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?context=Epson&file=quality.10.6.html

Then, run the printhead cleaning once more. Once complete, do your photos still come out bluish?

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did what you told me but it seems that I cannot clean the nozzle heads completely. I have done it several times. I will close the computer again and talk to you later. I changed the Gloss Optimizer. All other colors are new. I will let you know as soon as I finish the procedure or let me know if you have any other hint. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am writing again because I think I put my reply in the wrong place. I did as you told me and cleaned the nozzle heads twice but they are not completely clean yet. I put a new Gloss Optimizer ink and all other colors are new. I am going to print one photo to see what happens and I will let you know how it comes out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My photos still come bluish, anything else I can do
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like you were never able to complete the printhead cleaning. ( we dont want to keep repeating it as it uses a lot of ink )

What happened, that stopped you from completing the printhead cleaning?

Also, did you try the second step, the aligmnent?

And one more thing thats important, what exact program is it that you are trying to print photos from?