Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

My pixma mg5320 willnot print magena orange or blue :

Customer Question
my pixma mg5320 willnot print...
my pixma mg5320 willnot print magena orange or blue
JA: The tech wizards can certainly get your Canon Pixma back to par, and it would be my pleasure to connect you with one right away. Have you tried to troubleshoot?
Customer: neaning the heads but could not findo, I did look for the info about cl
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: prints OK but when the info is in color the magenta, orange and blue do not show up, the red is yellow
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: the machine is several years old
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/5/2016
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

These symptoms point to either a clogged/contaminated print head, or a faulty print head (or the logic board that controls it).

You can try going into the setup/maintenance menu on the machine and running the “clean print head” function repeatedly, up to 5 times total, testing after each.

If it still doesn’t print anything, you’ll need to do a manual cleaning as a next step.

I have to caution you up front though that the manual cleaning process is messy and time consuming. It also has a low chance of success, if you see no improvement at all from the automated cleaning. It is most likely a hardware failure (bad head) which the cleaning can’t fix, as printheads are a wear item and do fail with time/use.

Realistically, it’s probably time for a new printer. As this is a 2010 model printer, it is well past its 3 year service life, so this type of failure is not surprising. While it can be fixed, it is not worthwhile to do so. You would have to, at a minimum, replace the printhead, which costs about $85; if the logic board is bad you’re looking at $200-250. For $80-100 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer.

That said, it doesn’t hurt to try, if you wish. Let me know how the built in cleaning function works, and I’ll guide you through the manual steps next, or I can recommend replacement options if you prefer.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.

Nathan, Engineer