VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

I have a Canon Pixma MG3500 printer. When I send a print job

Customer Question

I have a Canon Pixma MG3500 printer. When I send a print job it flashes a yellow triangle next to the number of copies and won't print. What is the meaning of the of the yellow triangle warning?
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: No, it has not done this before. The printer is approximately 2 1/2 years old.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: When I send a print job, the printer sounds like it is about to print but then flashes "E".
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Happy to assist you with this issue.

Is this the first time that this has happened? What happened just before this error appeared?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is the first time. Before the error appeared the printer sounded as if was going to print but then the error appeared.

What number is ***** as on the printers screen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The number is ***** may print copies I've requested. Then the yellow triangle lights up and then "E" flashes.

One last thing. How many times does it Flash Sir or Madam?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The triangle doesn't flash but the "E" flashes continually

OK, understood.

Please hold.

Please follow the steps below to hard reset the printer and let me know the result.

1.Remove all the cables from the printer.

2.Wait for 15 mins.

3.Connect only the power cord and try to power on the printer.

4.If the problem is solved, then connect all other cables, otherwise let me know.

If that does not work try this:

Let me know if these steps work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It did the same thing after I unplugged it for 15 minutes but now it alternately flashes "E" and the number 2. The yellow triangle still appears.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now it says paper has run out even though there's paper in it. It is sounding like it's not able to grab the paper when I send a print job
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can we troubleshoot the paper feeder?

Yes we can.Give me a few moments and I will post steps here for you..

http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/M/MG3500%20series/EN/UF/movie_faq.html

OK, movies for Paper Jam and Feeder problem. Please see the above link.