Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

How can I cancel the call window on the CanonIPF170? I just

Customer Question

How can I cancel the call for service window on the CanonIPF170? I just purchase it used and I want to see how it works.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Greg.

Can you tell me the complete error/message it is giving you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Error E161-403E
Call for service
Light id flashing red
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for confirming.

That is NOT something you can bypass. Service is actually required, and there is no getting around it. The printer will not function until it is serviced.

Specifically, it is the result of a bad printhead (or the logic board that controls it).

The head is a "wear item" that fails with age/use. Being a machine that was presumably purchased used, I would have expected it to come with a working head, unless the seller stated otherwise. Replacing the head is an expensive undertaking, so if it was claimed to be in working condition, I would contact the seller to work something out with them.

If you'd like help finding parts to fix yourself, or a local authorized tech, I can assist with that.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you assist me with the proper authorized service?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Our finding the proper parts?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Certainly.

To give you an idea, a printhead is about a $500 part, figure on another $150 or so for a service call.

You could probably get by with doing it yourself, but if it is a new purchase, I would personally suggest you have a tech out to go over the machine and make sure everything else is working.

I wouldn't want to see you buy and install a head only to find you have to get a tech out to fix something else major too, when you may have been better off just knowing the problems and taking it up with the seller if it came to that.

What is your zip code?

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I found a pretty good deal on a head for you here, actually, if you want to try though: http://amzn.to/1X3bPVj

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I agree.
92562
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

The closest high level tech is

Direct Source Copiers

33175 Hwy 79

Temecula, CA 92592

Phone:(###) ###-####/p>

An alternate closer option, but may not be equipped to service your model, is CopierShop(###) ###-####/p>

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Do you need more help with this, Greg?