VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

My toner cartridge is stuck in the printer, and I can't

Customer Question

Hi, My toner cartridge is stuck in the printer, and I can't extricate it. I suspect the wrong toner cartridge was accidentally jammed in there...
JA: Sometimes printer issues that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I tried calling Dell, the manufacturer, but they can't doing anything because it's out of warranty.
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I think the solution is to get a technician out to try to extricate the cartridge. But not sure who can come out to fix it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. To better assist you Sir or Madam, I need to know the make and model of the printer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a dell 2155cdn. The warranty expired in 2013...so the printer is probably a 2010 model, if Dell's typical warranty is 3 years.

Which color are you having trouble getting out of the printer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
black.

So pushing the Blue Tab to the unlock pposition does not work?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nope. the release mechanism for all the other colors works. The black is stuck. Can't push it far enough to release.

OK, push it hard to the Left and then close the door and restart the printer. Once it comes up fully, open the side door and try again to release the Toner Cartridge.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We tried to power down and restart the printer already. It didn't work.

OK, give me a few moments.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanks!

OK, can you get to the Drum to remove it? If so that should resolve the issue, allowing you to remove the Toner at that point.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure what/where the drum is...however, I went into the office today, and someone unjammed the cartridge overnight. I appreciate your efforts. Thank you.

Excellent Sir or Madam. Please rate my Service to you. Five Stars or better I hope.