Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I just purchased a MFC-L8600CDW about a month ago. It was

Customer Question
working fine until this morning...
I just purchased a MFC-L8600CDW about a month ago. It was working fine until this morning, now everytime I print, it shuts down my PC. Is there a workaround for this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
5/31/2016
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 1 year ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Are you able to copy like Xerox without using the computer?

May I know the operating system you are using? Is it Windows 7?

How do you connect the printer to the computer? Using USB cable?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm able to copy, but when I just copied it shut the PC down, too.
Operating system: Windows 10
The printer is connected by a USB

Have you tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling the printer?

Can I access your computer remotely and check the issue?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This morning there was an update available, so I updated the Brother. When I began experiencing the issue, I uninstalled and re-installed the printer using the original disc. Even after the reinstallation, it's shutting down the PC

Do you have a different USB cable to try with?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
is that going to be an additional $39 to the $43 I'm already paying?

Please do not go for any additional offer, so that you will not have to pay any additional fees.

However, let me know if you have a different printer USB cable.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, I don't have another USB...do you think the USB is bad?

If the USB cable is faulty, it may cause shutting down the computer. Are you on a wireless network?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, hard-wired.

Please go to the link below, click I agree, download and run Elsinore Client software, so that I can access your computer.

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=d24b4cf9-f7ba-42f7-9919-192cf9881f8a

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hey there,Customer
Thank you for the input. At this time, I'm not comfortable connecting with the secure remote. I'm going to change the UPS and hope that fixes the issue. Have a wonderful day.

That is only a chance. Since the issue started with the latest update, we have to try uninstalling the update too. Please try another USB cable and let me know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

John, Computer Science Engineer