VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

Why does my Imageclass MF212W say rejecting jobs when I try

Customer Question

Why does my Imageclass MF212W say rejecting jobs when I try to print in Ubuntu 16.04 . Driver installed is UFRll V320 UK. Prints works great with Ubuntu 14.04 with same drver
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Happy to assist you in the resolution of this issue. Please follow the steps below:

Ok, let's try this first.
Open a web browser and in the address line, then type the following address.

http://loacalhost:631

When the cups page comes up select Adding printers and classes.
Follow the instructions and add the printer again. See if it offers you any different drivers for your printer.
once the printer is added - go to Printers tab , Maintenance and print test page, make sure the selecting the printer you just added.
give that a try.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Andy I tried yoyr suggested fix at localhost 631 after following the list procedures I tried a test print .It would not print message "unable to write print data :broken pipe
What driver did you switch to?