John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My printer is on & connected to wireless, as is my lap

Customer Question

Hi - my printer is on & connected to wireless, as is my lap top - I have tried troubleshooting wizard & it says my printer is turned off, which it is not!!
Can you please help me to restore the connection?
I need to use it!!
Thanks Kate
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply. Also Kate, when was the last time that the printer was working correctly on this same computer? And have you moved or installed a new router or wireless password *****? Thank you for your response, Dustin S
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a Toshiba Laptop. Nothing new has been done that I can think of - same Net Gear Wireless - all the same sign in details. I did do something to set up my phone to print from that ( Galaxy 5 - but haven't used the facility) could that be the problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Using Windows version 10 since I bought the printer ( since my old printer wasn't compatible with v10)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Justin - I have to go to an ultrasound & xray appointment - can we resume this enquiry in about 1 & a half hours?
I am desperate to get this problem resolved - hopefully it will be simple......... *--*
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
My apologies for the delay Kate. I will probably be offline at that point.. But we do have staff on hand 24/7.. So youre welcome to reply when youre ready to continue. Dustin S
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there Dustin? or can someone else help me please?
please see the above interaction.
I am not happy to remote access, as I, so far, haven't been given anything to try to sort the problem
Thanking you
Kate
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My printer says it is connected to the access point (wireless) No cord connection to the computer was supplied with the printer
The computer says my printer is turned off.........
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am waiting for a reply
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Order ID 16325925-240 is not resolved - could I please have some assistance??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dustin - could you please contact me asap - I have had no assistance from any one else - ( I endeavoured to create a prompt, but it was blocked) I will look tomorrow to see if I have some suggestions on what to do, otherwise I will ask for another "expert"
thanking you, Kate
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Good morning Kate, though I imagine its probably closer to night time where you are. Can you let me know what time zone you are in, that way we can schedule when to reconnect.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dustan
I am in Perth Western Australia - 7:30am here now - I have 1.5 hours available, then I have to go to work. do you think we could make a concerted effort to address this? My next time available is from 1pm ( my time ) right through into the night. your message to me came in 7.5 hrs ago.....