Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

Canon printer. Mx452. Won't print, either from PC or Ipad

Customer Question
canon printer. Mx452....
canon printer. Mx452. Won't print, either from PC or Ipad now. It is turned on, but sends "offline' signal. Troubleshoot says "turn computer on." It's already on.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
5/23/2016
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 1 year ago
Richard, Technician
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished. Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket). Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly. Let me know the results please
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have tried that already. Possibly not for ten minutes length. I shall try ten minutes.
please do as it will allow the cache to clear in the printer.Let me know the results please.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK I have reconnected power...but still it shows as 'offline" and no printing happening.
Can you tell me the make and model of your wifi router please
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is tough to read, but looks to be brand "technicolor" . It is provided by Time Warner cable who is our ISP. It is their super fast, 500 MBPS or something like that. We've found it very reliable as a service, and fast, for what that is worth.
ok, can you remove the power to it please and the printer and power off the computerWait 5 minutes, then power on the wifi router, then wait 5 minutes, power on the printer, then power on the computer and tell me if it now works please.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have powered down the router...but not for that length of time. I will do as you suggested. But this will 'break our connection" yours and mine...we're 'on' the computer I'd be disconnecting. How will we get linked back up?
Return to this web page please and you can then power a message.Like you are doing now
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I',,m sorry, I don't understand what you mean by 'power a message"?? How would I get back to you personally, without the steps of paywall, other technicians, etc, once I 'break our link"?
post a message, it was an auto correct mistype sorry.You return to this web page, and post a message, just like your doing now, and it comes directly to me
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
just find Canon Printer repair again, or whatever that site was? It will direct me? OK, that's what I'll try. If you don't hear from me in ten minutes, you have my number I'm getting texts on. here we go.
You come to this web page, look at the address bar and you will see the address to come to.Or press CTRL + D to add it to your favorites.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello Richard....I am trying to reach you....our fix has not worked. Please advise.
I want you please to connect the printer again to the wifi networkTo do this Press the Setup button on the printer.2. Use the arrow keys to select Drive Settings and press OK.3. Select LAN Settings and press OK.4. Choose Wireless LAN Setup and press OK.5. If a WPS prompt appears, press the STOP button.6. Select Standard Setup and press OK.7. Select your Access Point and press OK. When entering the passphrase, use the Tone or Star (*) key to change character modes.Tell me when this is done
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When you say 'access Point", it defaulted the name of our router. Then I entered our router password (I assume that is the 'passphrase"?) All that is now completed.
Correct, now try to print to it please
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok it printed a sheet on its own when I hit ok on the printer. It is called the "network Config page". That it did print.
ok, try to print from iPad
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sorry I lost you a moment. I tried to print (from laptop). Still nothing
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I CAN now print of the Ipad
ok, on the laptop, which version of windows is it?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
typo. I can now print a doc using the Ipad
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the laptop is Windows 10
click the start button bottom left, then type indevices and printers and click on itThen right click on your printer and select removethen click add printer, click on the printer when it appears and then once it has installed, try to print please
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
can I navigate through control panel to the device? I've been on that path a lot lately, used to it...
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This laptop only about a month old by the way. The printer problem was happeing on old machine too. It seems getting more frequent
also
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have clicked 'remove device"....I am waiting. It sort of seems as if nothing is happening, but I wait...
is the device removed?If not, after 5 minutes, restart and see if its removed
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it clearly appears it is not removing the printer. I am going to have to at this point leave my office to attend a meeting. I will reconnect later, possibly this late afternoon or evening. Appreciate your help , nothing yet in terms of success but will keep at it...just can't now!Chris
well we have the iPad printing Chris, so there is some success.... we just need to restart the computer and add the printer again
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Richard...I'm remote now, away from the printer,...but I did check...and the printer still shows in my Control Panel under Devices and Printers. It is still there, despite that I have clicked "remove device". I right click and it says "removing device" (or removing printer). but it's not removing it. It's clearly staying there. And the laptop has been powered down and then started back up. Any thoughts? Thank you
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello Richard. I now have access to the printer, back at my office...but the printer icon remains 'in my devices" ; it still says 'removing", in its status...but it's not going away. I have the CD for the drivers but I don't want to run before the printer is 'uninstalled?" please advise
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK , thank you. I have no quarrel with my prior Tech, Richard....other than, unfortunately, we were not able to remedy the issue. He's not replied to my last couple hour's questions; and my guess would be that his shift is complete. My problem...I fly out on a business trip tomorrow and now is my last chance to be at the computer and printer until I return Friday (I want to get this fixed and done with tonight; never could I have imagined it'd be an all day process! Nonetheless, just want to get it done, pack my suitcase, and get to bed!! Thank [email protected]!!!
Technician: Robert M., Consultant replied 1 year ago
Robert M., Consultant
may not be that easy once it gets stuck like thatyou can try going to the services type services in the start menu search box and then click on it when it pops upfind the spooler service and stop and start it againrebooting the computer will sometimes get rid of it. more likely if the printer is off when the computer comes back up you can try doing the add printer anyway and hope it puts up a different copy that works or fixes the copy it has stuck there are no win 10 drivers for that printer but you can try the ones for win 8.1 on this pagehttps://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mx-series-inkjet/mx452?tab=drivers#Z7_MQH8HIC0L88RB0AMD0F1Q42K25 Other than that you have to reset the whole print system which requires a special utility that i have to locate and it will also delete any printers that are set up on the computer so you would have to re install any printers that are working now. I have done this many times but it is more like an art than a science. sometimes 2 or 3 things done in one order will work and in another wont and then will work again. But i can usually get it done if you want to pay for premium service thanks.
Robert M., Consultant