Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

My brother MFC-2700DW cannot get it print

Customer Question
my brother MFC-2700DW cannot get it print
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
cannot get printer to print
5/22/2016
Technician: TheGeekGal,
 replied 1 year ago
TheGeekGal
Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.
Technician: TheGeekGal,
 replied 1 year ago
May I ask what operating system you have on your computer? If you're not sure, you should be able to use one of these links to find out. Or, if you prefer I can connect to you remotely and work on this while you watch.For WindowsCan you click this link and tell me what you see please?http://whatsmyos.com/ For MACFrom the Apple menu, choose About This Mac. Your version of OS X appears directly below “OS
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
windows 7
Technician: TheGeekGal,
 replied 1 year ago
Thank you for that information. Please give me just a moment to research this.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
404 not found
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
when click for windows i get 404 not foud
Technician: TheGeekGal,
 replied 1 year ago
I apologize. apparently that site is down at the moment. here's another way to do it.Click the Start button , enter Computer in the search box, right-click Computer, and then click Properties.Look under Windows edition for the version and edition of Windows that your PC is running.Please let me know whether it says your Windows 7 is 32 bit or 64 bit.In order to provide you with the best possible answer I will need to ask a few more questions. Was your printer previously working with this system?Does the printer show up when connected to your computer? If so, when you try to print, do you get an error message of any kind?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the printer was previously working wireless then get printer cable,it still gives error message on printer windows 7 64
Technician: TheGeekGal,
 replied 1 year ago
What is the error message that it gives?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
printer error mode
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
have reboot and connect via printer cable an get same message
Technician: TheGeekGal,
 replied 1 year ago
This could possibly be a hardware issue with the printer itself, but w won't know that for sure until we have taken a few troubleshooting steps. Let's start with the simple things. Have you tried shutting down and restarting both the printer and the computer? If so, and that did not help, the next step would be to uninstall the printer, the printer driver and the software and then use Ccleaner( a free program available from piriform.org) to remove all traces of the program. Next, unplug the printer cable from your PC, the restart your computer and printer, and install the latest version of the software for your printer from http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadlist.aspx?c=eu_ot&lang=en&prod=mfcl2700dw_us_eu_as&os=93#SelectLanguageType-11_0_1. If you'd like, I can perform these steps for you while you watch via the Premium Service of Secure Remote Assistance. This is completely optional. If you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and work on the issue for you. If you do not choose to take this service, but need more help, we can continue here.
John, Computer Science Engineer