Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I need the password ***** the maintenance panel on a Konica

Customer Question
Minolta 4750DN....
I need the password ***** the maintenance panel on a Konica Minolta 4750DN.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
5/20/2016
Technician: Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist replied 1 year ago
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience: A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Unless its been changed, the username is either ( blank ) or admin or administrator

And the password ***** ***** admin or administrator

So try all three combinations of usernames, with both combinations of passwords.. And you should be able to get in`

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Wrong answer. This is a four digit entry. There is no M,N or I in the scrolling alphabet.

In that case, then the system admin password ***** already been set.

You will need to refer to the field service manual on how to enter service mode and clear the password.

You can get the field service manual here. https://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.php/152280678-magicolor-4750-field-service-manual

And that will also help with almost every conceivable repair or issue you might have with the machine, its a very solid investment. And will show you how to remove or reset the password ***** to its default.

( if###-##-####doesnt work )

Dustin S.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK, I managed to get into the maintenance menu. I reset the counter - yet nothing was accomplished. I still get the "end of life" message. DO I have to change the fuser after I reset the counter? Or, can I change the fuser prior to resetting the counter?Thanks

Youre mentioning end of life, and the fuser. So im assuming that the end of life message you are getting specifically mentions the fuser?

And have you replaced any parts already?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did replace the parts, and I am still getting the message after trying to reset the counters.

Lets remove the fuser then.

and while its removed, unplug the machine, wait five minutes, plug it back in.

And then, reset the counters. Only then, insert the fuser. Any change?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry, did not work. Should I return the original imaging unit. Restart the printer, and then try installing the new imaging unit again?

That would be worth a shot.. Once you have returned the original unit.. reset the counters ..

Verify how it behaves.. And then remove the unit, reset counters, insert unit, reset counters.

If that doesnt work, youre going to have to replace the chip on the imaging unit, you can get the needed reset chips here http://amzn.to/20wOEB0

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK, first, I got it wrong. I do not need to reset any counters since this is an Imaging Unit and not the FUSER.Upon further reading, it should have reset automatically when I replaced the Imaging Unit. The initial replacement for the K unit was damaged and I got a new one. I also replaced the Y, M and C imaging units at that time since they were all running low.With the new imaging units, K went to "end of life" status. Since then, nothing is working. Y,M and C still show status as running low.Is replacing the ID chip the only route to go?

the drums also have counters ( and chips inside them that keep track of the units usage )

It would help if I knew the exact word for word error you are getting on screen. And any codes along with it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No message code, but message "I_UNIT END K"

That tells us its the black imaging unit you need to replace.

Is black the one you replaced?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did replace the black unit. Also, the Cyan, Yellow and Magenta - which all still have the running low message.None of which reset any message after replacing them.

Then you need new chips on those imaging units.. Or you need to replace the imaging units. Its much cheaper to get the new chips.

http://amzn.to/20wOEB0

And this video is very close to your model, and shows how to replace those chips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os-Kmiq6WBU

Dustin S.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Dustin,The 4750DN does not have a Chip ID. I pulled apart one of the old ones. Nor, does the end of imaging drum come apart.I though that I would need to update the firmware - but it is at the latest level. I went through the menus - there is nothing that resets the counters for the imaging drums.What is your next suggestion?John Mc Gill
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist