Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

Epson WF7510 is no longer recognized by my MAC. I have just

Customer Question
Epson WF7510 is no longer...
Epson WF7510 is no longer recognized by my MAC. I have just downloaded the most recent driver for the Epson
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
5/17/2016
Technician: VanMagnus Systems, Engineer replied 1 year ago
VanMagnus Systems
Hello and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. To assist you better I need to ask a question or two.What is the OS X version you are using??
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
10.11.5
OK, please follow the steps below:Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.Click Printers & Scanners.In some versions of OS X, this preference is named Print & Scan or Print & Fax.Control-click anywhere in the list of devices on the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the shortcut menu that appears. Then reboot the MAC and the Printer. Reinstall the drivers if needed. Please let me know of your results...
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will do this again but just did this step and it wiped out ALL my printers. Then did not find any printers when I tried to add back on
Do/did you have more then one printer installed?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did but none now
OK, please reset the Printing System. Then reinstall all of the Printer one at a tie and make sure each one works. Chime in and let me know of your results...
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It appears to be letting me reinstall the XP 620 but not finding my XP 7510
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
False alarm, won't load XP 620 either
????Sorry??? You OS X is not letting you install the Printers at all?
I mean to ask as if the OS X is not allowing you to install or reinstall the needed drivers for the printers?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Seems to be the case. Keeps acting like my security settings on the Mac will not access Epson. I hate when they update OS X as it never works right for many weeks
When was your last update?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OS updates this morning but printer connectivity has been iffy for several weeks
OK. How many weeks back did it first start???
Also, do you use Time Machine or any backup solution for your MAC?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I use the cloud and I have something else I use for back up. I would say the printer connection issue started about 3 weeks ago.
OK. Now what updates took place then? Can we restore the System to 21 or so days ago?
VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer