Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

Cannot clear Error light to print JA: Sometimes things that

Customer Question
Cannot clear Error light to...
Cannot clear Error light to print
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I went to print - had a paper jam - and now the error will NOT clear
JA: Sometimes printer issues that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/16/2016
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Engineer
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. What is the make/model of the printer?What specific error code/number is ***** giving?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Brother HL 2170W (old) - had a paper jam and now error light is on and nothing will print.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I've already re-booted both printer and computer...
I need to know exactly which lights are showing on the printer (there should be more than 1) and what each is doing:Color, solid/flashing, pattern, etc
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
solid red error light. Have had this printer for years and no problems until now
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Taking too long. Forget it. No charge... - send me verification of that please.
It takes a few moments for messages to go through,I was waiting for you to reply about the other lights.If you are saying it is ONLY the error, then I'll give you that detail.You've already paid the full fee to the site, not to me, that is not something I can change or cancel.
There are several possible causes of this:Front or fuser cover openpaper jamor a memory/processor error. Open everything up, remove toner/drum, and check carefully for any jams or debris inside. Clean/remove if found, and put everything back together being sure that the front and back covers are closed tightly. Next, reset the machine:unplug power at the wall outletwait 5 minutespress and hold the blue button for 60+ secondskeep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release Let me know the results, and I'll advise further if needed.Nathan
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The lead-in here said you would be charged IF you are satisfied. I am not. CANCEL CHARGES IMMEDIATELY
Again, you've paid your fee to the site.I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. I'm sorry for any delay, but it takes a few minutes for messages to go back and forth, and for me to compose a detailed response, as I've done above.I have no ability to cancel or refund anything.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What is the fee? And how much time have you spent - 2 minutes? If you work for this outfit, then give me the info I asked for. I don't need your runaround crap.
I cannot see the fee, I'm not a site employee and have no access to any billing or account info. I'm just trying to help you with your printer issue as requested. The fee is the amount that you would have agreed to when signing up, typically about 25 or so.Any billing matters are handled from the help page.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I've already done what you suggested. It wasn't helpful. What is your protocol when the customer is not helped and not satisfied? Surely you are trained to deal with that scenario....
There was no indication of what you have done already, or I would not have wasted either of our time with duplicate steps. You may cancel/refund from the help page if you do not wish to continue.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That is what I will do. You were of no help whatsoever. I will provide that information even though I'm sure it doesn't matter. Enjoy your rip-off job where you have no responsibilty to the end customer. Easy out that I could never live with. You don't seem to have a problem, so that says a lot. Good evening, my "friend."
I was simply trying to help you, and would have been happy to continue doing so.There are further steps to work through, but as you are not interested in continuing you may seek your refund.Best of luck to you.
John, Computer Science Engineer