John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Brother printer. i have new drum and new toners. But the read

Customer Question

brother printer. i have new drum and new toners. But the read out message keeps telling me to get new toners. i have the user's guide. have followed instructions for Calibrate, Reset and more. #MFC-9320CW.
Please help...trying to get my work done for the day.
Thank you
Jo Ann
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted. Please follow the steps below to reset the drum counter. The Brother machine has separate consumables the toner cartridge and the drum unit. Verify you replace only the drum unit and not the toner cartridge.Please reset the drum counter only when you replace the drum unit. If you reset the drum counter during the life of the drum unit currently being used, the remaining drum life will not be displayed accurately. Press + or - to choose Machine info..Press OK to proceed to the next menu level, and then press + or - to choose Reset Parts Life.Press OK, and then press + to choose Drum Unit.Press OK, and then press + or - to choose the color that you replaced.(This step might be skipped in some models.)Press OK two times.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michelle. I replaced the drum in Dec 2015. Replaced toners as required in Jan and March. This issue started yesterday.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
I read your question. You still receive the error message "Replace Drums", "Replace Drum(X)", "Drum End Soon", or "Drum End Soon(X)" after I replace the drum unit with a new one.Please follow the steps i gave on the top and let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Printer does not have "+". Message is Replace Toner.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
if + - is not there try the Up and down left right arrow keys.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no + symbol
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
if + - is not there use the Up and down left right arrow keys.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i did
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
did you get into *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
only found "ReBoot"
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Press Menu on the Control Panel.Press the Up or Down Arrow key to select Machine Info..Press OK.Press the Up or Down Arrow key to select Reset Menu.Press OK.Press the Up or Down Arrow key to select Drum.Press OK.Press 1 to reset the drum unit counter.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
there is a small button "Menu" on the printer face panel.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok.... don't go away :)
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
I am with you. Going no where.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Menu doesn't have "Control Panel"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Please check it on the printer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please refer back to my original message
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you sure you are looking at the printer i have
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you still there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
i believe you gave me the model MFC-9320CW and the picture shows the same.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
click a picture of the printer front and post it here let me see if its a different model.