Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

We have a pixma MG3550 which will not connect either to my

Customer Question

We have a pixma MG3550 which will not connect either to my MacBookAir nor our Toshiba PC either via our own wifi network nor a USB connecting cable.
It has done so in the past, but not now.
What am I doing wrong?
MH
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hello!Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today. Have you done setting up wireless once again on the printer? Do you have another printer USB cable with you? Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the questions.But – no I have not "finished setting up wireless once again on the printer". How do I do that?If I press "print" on my MacBook, it knows I want to talk to the "Canon MG3550 series" but it always give me a message: "Support Code : 300 The printer does not respond. Make sure that the printer is plugged in, powered-on, and properly connected to your computer." It's that last bit about "and properly connected to your computer" which does not help one bit.
If it was properly connected, it could do the job, couldn't it? So how do I "Properly connect"?and – no, I do not have "another printer USP cable" with me, but I shall search in my collection of old cables.MH
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have found another printer USB cable. It does not work either.MH
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Please try the following using USB cable and let me know the response. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the print & scan window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer. Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OKCustomer Thank you.I have followed your steps above and have succeeded in printing out a couple of things from my Mac.
There was a hitch of course as it gave me a "wrong paper" message, but that was a sideline.
So – do I conclude that the printer will ONLY work on the printer-USB cable? Or will it be possible to bring the wi-fi connection back to life so that we can print from any of the three devices we use day to day:
1. This MacBook Air
2. an iPad
3. a Toshiba PC?Thanks for your helpMH
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Please let me access your computer through your Toshiba PC, so that I can help you setup Wireless on the printer. Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HiCustomerThanks for these next ideas. Sorry for delay in responding. Domestic emergency. Now past.I am content that you take over our Toshiba PC.It's easier for me if you go through my macbook, (on which I am talking to you now) as I know nothing about how to drive a PC. But the PC is here, it is on and it is connected to the internet via our domestic wi-fi. So what do you need to know to talk to it? The Toshiba is a Satellite L50 – B – 1KJ serial no: 9E096925C (barcode) 19E096925CSKTA07W008GEB.We have a satellite broadband connection to a Tooway Modem to a TPLink wireless router and a Mac Time capsule for household wifi networks.I look forward to the next instalment, especially your ideas about yesterday's questions...MH
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Please let me know the time you are available, so that I can access the PC or Mac desktop. Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am working on my Macbook for the next hour. Time now here (Greece): 14.50.The Toshiba is here also, and up and running.MH
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I apologize for the delay in my response. I am available from this time. Please let me know if you are there. Thank you.S H E F I N