Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

How do I remove a paper jam from the back of a Canon MX882

Customer Question
printer?...
How do I remove a paper jam from the back of a Canon MX882 printer?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
5/4/2016
Technician: VanMagnus Systems, Engineer replied 1 year ago
VanMagnus Systems
Hello and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Sorry for the issue. Please follow the steps below: DescriptionRemoving obstructions, foreign objects and paper jams from the printer.SolutionPaper JamsPaper Is Jammed in the Paper Output Slot or the Rear TrayPaper Is Jammed inside the Machine at the Transport UnitJammed Paper Is Not Removed out When Automatic Duplex PrintingDocument jams in the ADFRemoving the jammed document from the Document Tray Paper Is Jammed in the Paper Output Slot or the Rear Tray Remove the paper following the procedure below.Slowly pull the paper out, either from the Rear Tray or from the Paper Output Slot, whichever is easier. Note: If the paper tears and a piece remains inside the machine, turn the machine off, open the Scanning Unit (Cover), and remove the paper.Be careful not to touch the components inside the machine.After removing all paper, close the Scanning Unit (Cover), and turn the machine back on.If you cannot pull the paper out, turn the machine off and turn it back on. The paper may be ejected automatically. Reload the paper, and press the OK button on the machine.If you turned off the machine in step 1, all print jobs in the queue are canceled. Reprint if necessary.Note: When reloading the paper, confirm that you are using the paper suited for printing and are loading it correctly.We recommend you use paper other than A5 sized one to print documents with photos or graphics; otherwise, the printout may curl and cause paper exit jams.If you cannot remove the paper or the paper tears inside the machine, or if the paper jam error continues after removing the paper, contact the service center. Paper Is Jammed inside the Machine at the Transport Unit Remove the paper following the procedure below.Detach the Rear Cover. Pull the paper out slowly. Note: Be careful not to touch the components inside the machine.If you cannot pull the paper out, turn the machine off and turn it back on. The paper may be ejected automatically. Attach the Rear Cover.Push the left side of the Rear Cover until it is closed completely.If you were not able to remove the paper out in step 2: Remove the Cassette. Pull the paper out slowly. If any paper is sticking out of the Cassette, remove the paper, align and reload the paper in the Cassette.If you did not remove the jammed paper out in step 1 to 5 when automatic duplex printing, check the duplex transport section.-> [ Jammed Paper Is Not Removed out When Automatic Duplex Printing ]Note: When reloading the paper into the machine, confirm that you are using the correct paper and are loading it into the machine correctly. Insert the Cassette into the machine again, and press the OK button on the machine. If you turned off the machine in step 2, all print jobs in queue are canceled. Reprint if necessary.If you cannot remove the paper or the paper tears inside the machine, or if the paper jam error continues after removing the paper, contact the service center. Jammed Paper Is Not Removed out When Automatic Duplex PrintingBefore removing the jammed paper, see [ Paper Is Jammed inside the Machine at the Transport Unit ] to remove it from Transport Unit. If the paper jam error continues, remove the jammed paper following the procedure below.Turn off the machine, and unplug the power cord of the machine from the power supply. Important:If you disconnect the power plug, all the faxes stored in the machine's memory are deleted. Remove the Cassette.If the paper is loaded on the Rear Tray, remove the paper from the Rear Tray and retract the Paper Support. Set the machine upright with the left side down. Important: When standing the machine, make sure that the Scanning Unit (Cover) is closed securely. Slowly pull the jammed paper out so that the paper does not tear. Note: Set the machine back to its original position immediately after removing the jammed paper. Align the paper, then reload it in the Cassette. Reload paper in the Rear Tray, if necessary.Note: When reloading the paper into the machine, confirm that you are using the correct paper and are loading it into the machine correctly. Insert the Cassette into the machine again. Plug the machine back in and turn the machine back on.All print jobs in queue are canceled. Reprint if necessary.If you cannot remove the paper or the paper tears inside the machine, or if the paper jam error continues after removing the paper, contact the service center. In Other Cases: Make sure of the following: Check 1: Are there any foreign objects around the Paper Output Slot?Check 2: Are there any foreign objects in the Rear Tray? If there are any foreign objects in the Rear Tray, be sure to turn off the machine, unplug it from the power supply, then remove the foreign object. Check 3: Is the Rear Cover closed completely?Check 4: Is the paper curled? Document jams in the ADF When you turn off the machine to remove the jammed document, make sure of the following.- The power cannot be turned off while the machine is sending or receiving a fax, or when the received fax or the unsent fax are stored in the machine's memory.Make sure if the machine completed sending or receiving all the faxes before disconnecting the power cord.If you unplug the power cord, all the faxes stored in the machine's memory are deleted.If the Stop button is pressed while the machine is scanning the document:If you press the Stop button during scanning then the document remained in the ADF, the message about the paper remained in the ADF appears on the LCD. Press the OK button so that the remaining document is automatically fed out. Removing the jammed document from the Document Tray:Remove the document following the procedure below.If printing is in progress, press the Stop button. Turn off the machine. If a multi-page document is loaded, remove any pages other than the jammed page from the ADF, then open the Document Feeder Cover. Raise the Paper Release Lever, then pull out the jammed page in the ADF, either from the Document Tray or from the Paper Output Slot, whichever is easier.If the document cannot be pulled out with ease, raise the Document Cover and pull out the jammed page from the inner side of the Document Cover.After pulling out the jammed page, close the Document Cover.Note: When checking whether a piece of paper remains inside the ADF, see [In Other Cases: ]. Close the Document Feeder Cover, then turn on the machine. When rescanning the document after clearing the error, rescan it from the first page.If you cannot remove the document or the document tears inside the machine, or if the document jam error continues after removing the document, contact the service center.Note: The document may not feed properly depending on the media type, or your environment, such as when the temperature and humidity are either too high or too low.In this case, reduce the number of document pages to approximately half of the loading capacity.If the document still jams, use the Platen Glass instead. In Other Cases:If you cannot find the jammed page or you want to remove the piece of paper after checking whether it remains inside the ADF, follow the procedure below.If printing is in progress, press the Stop button. Turn off the machine. If a multi-page document is loaded, remove any pages other than the jammed page from the ADF, then open the Document Feeder Cover. Open the Transport Cover (A), then remove the jammed page or the piece of paper that remains inside the ADF. First close the Transport Cover, next close the Document Output Slot, then turn on the machine.When rescanning the document after clearing the error, rescan it from the first page.If you cannot remove the document or the document tears inside the machine, or if the document jam error continues after removing the document, contact the service center. The link Sir or Madam: https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART114145
John, Computer Science Engineer