Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have a canon MP560. There is no paper jam yet the error message

Customer Question
reads "Rear cover the paper...
I have a canon MP560. There is no paper jam yet the error message reads "Rear cover the paper is jammed. Clear the paper and press OK." Error message keeps coming up. Again, there is no paper jam. I have opened the rear cover and the cassette drawer and the machine and there is no jam anywhere.
JA: Sometimes printer issues that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
5/3/2016
Technician: Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast replied 1 year ago
Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast
Hello and welcome to justanswer, my name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today, I'm sorry about the issue, Please try to find a jammed paper inside the printer from the rear of the printer following the steps below: 1.Detach the Rear Cover.2.Pull the paper out slowly. Note : Be careful not to touch the components inside the machine. If you cannot pull the paper out, turn the machine off and turn it back on. The paper may ejected automatically. 3.Attach the Rear Cover. Let me know the results pleaseThank you
Note : Only rate if you are satisfied, please do not rate ana answer as poor or bad service if you are not satisfied, If you still need help please reply back to me. regards,
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is not helpful at all - as stated I have checked all 5 possibikities to check for jammed paper - ther is no paper the error message came without paper or any other objects causing a jam. I am not able to get beyond the error message though. When I do out the correct paper in the rear tray it does not register it.
please follow the steps below :1.Remove the Cassette.2.Pull the paper out slowly. If any paper is sticking out of the Cassette, remove the paper, align and reload the paper in the Cassette.If you did not remove the jammed paper out, please check the duplex transport section. -> [ Jammed Paper Is Not Removed out When Automatic Duplex Printing ] NOTEWhen reloading the paper into the machine, confirm that you are using the correct paper and are loading it into the machine correctly.Now Insert the Cassette into the machine again, and press the OK button on the machine.If you turned off the machine in step 2, all print jobs in queue are canceled. Reprint if necessary. If you cannot remove the paper or if the paper tears inside the machine, or if the paper jam error continues after removing the paper, contact the service center. Thank you
Only rate if you are satisfied, please do not rate ana answer as poor or bad service if you are not satisfied, If you still need help please let me open your question to other experts. if we cant help you solve the issue you will be entitled to a full refund. regards,
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Me med there is no paper stuck or jammed and there has not been,,,
Ok i'm sorry, Please make sure of the following: Check 1: Are there any foreign objects around the Paper Output Slot? Check 2: Are there any foreign objects in the Rear Tray? If there are any foreign objects in the Rear Tray, be sure to turn off the machine, unplug it from the power supply, then remove the foreign object. Check 3: Is the Rear Cover closed completely? Check 4: Is the paper curled? Let me know the results pleaseThanks
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The answered to your questions above are all no - all have been checked
I fear I am not making progress with this case, and cannot necessarily deliver what you are seeking,so I must Opt Out, with sincere regrets. If and when another Expert takes up the case, you ought to receive a notification email. Note : Only rate if you are satisfied, please do not rate ana answer as poor or bad service if you are not satisfied, if we cant help you solve the issue you will be entitled to a full refund. Thank you
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Got it
Technician: Sudipto, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Sudipto, Engineer
As the other expert had opted out , I will try to highlight on the other aspect of the problem, because this problem is caused due to sensor, it can also send false signal, if the cartridges are blocked, so first confirm if the cartridges can move to the center or not, when you open the printer cover and let me know.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When I open the cover they do not move automatically.
They can move if I manually move them.
Thanks, ***** ***** off the printer and then, move the cartridges to the center and after that power on the printer, let me know what happens to the cartridges.
I am waiting for your response ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can not move the cartridges when it is off
OK, then turn off the printer move the cartridges to the center and then turn off and turn on the printer again.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When I go to turn it off the cartridges go to the right side
Thanks, ***** ***** what I wanted to know. The cartridge or carriage mechanism is fine and there is no blockage on the path. So, it means the sensor is purely sending a false signal to the printer, as there is no real problem. It means the sensor is defective and unfortunately the only solution to solve this problem is replacing the sensor and it can only be done from a repair shop. Now, honestly speaking if the printer is more than three years old then, the repairing cost will be more than the price of a new printer.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you
That is what canon said too
Please let me know, if you need any further help otherwise please remember to give a positive rating as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.
Sudipto, Engineer