Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

I am trying to scan documents to encrypted email. My HP Office

Customer Question

I am trying to scan documents to encrypted email. My HP Office jet Pro 8610 is telling me that HP Direct Digital Filing is not set up. How do I set this up?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
Are you able to print from your PC ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes but it is a Mac book pro
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** use the Mail app or safari to send and receive emails ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We use FoxFire to connect to MSN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I meant Firefox
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** try to scan anything and attach it to any email directly, you have to use the default email program in your computer, using a web browser does not support that, because web browser is used to access various websites including the the website of your email provider, so it is not possible for the printer to understand, where to send the scanned item. If you want to attach any scanned item at present then, you have to scan and save the item in your computer and then open the email account from Firefox and attach the file to the email. If you are not able to scan and save any file then, I can help you to do that.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.