Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

GA-crb I changed catridges and the black prints gray

Customer Question
I changed catridges and the...
I changed catridges and the black prints gray my name is***** have a HP Deskjet 3520
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the print comes out gray
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
5/1/2016
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Engineer
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Francesca. These symptoms point to either a clogged/contaminated print head, or a faulty print head (or the logic board that controls it). You can try going into the setup/maintenance menu on the machine and running the “clean print head” function repeatedly, up to 5 times total, testing after each.If it still doesn’t print anything, you’ll need to do a manual cleaning as a next step. I have to caution you up front though that the manual cleaning process is messy and time consuming. It also has a low chance of success, if you see no improvement at all from the automated cleaning. It is most likely a hardware failure (bad head) which the cleaning can’t fix, as printheads are a wear item and do fail with time/use. Realistically, it’s probably time for a new printer. As this is a 2012 model printer, it is well past its 3 year service life, so this type of failure is not surprising. While it can be fixed, it is not worthwhile to do so. You would have to, at a minimum, replace the printhead, which costs about $85; if the logic board is bad you’re looking at $200-250. For $80-100 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer. That said, it doesn’t hurt to try, if you wish. Let me know how the built in cleaning function works, and I’ll guide you through the manual steps next, or I can recommend replacement options if you prefer. Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan
Technician: Christine-cssm,
 replied 1 year ago
Christine-cssm
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you.
http://www.justanswer.com/printers/9ohvk-changed-catridges-black-prints-gray.html
Thank you, ***** Support Team.
Do you need help with this?
Nathan, Engineer