Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

My Question is..I have a Epson XP 810 Printer. I use it for

Customer Question

My Question is..I have a Epson XP 810 Printer. I use it for Printing on cds..The Last week , the problem is the printer problem popped up with Error Code OxF 1. What causes that to happen. Please reply as soon as possiible.. Thank you
Category: Printers
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. What is your computer operating system?
The error code that you are reporting is not in the proper format for hexadecimal error codes. I think you have read or recorded FxO1 or Fx01 incorrectly. The actual error code should be 0xF1, which indicates a common printer error. If this is in fact your error, it can indicate either hardware or software problems. I need to know whether the error code that you are reporting was displayed on your printer or on your computer. If it is a hardware error, it can usually be fixed by disconnecting the power cable, opening the door to the printer carriage, manually moving the carriage to the center position, removing and replacing the (same) ink cartridges, reconnecting the power cable, closing the door to the carriage, and turning on the power. If you are still having problems, or if you have any questions, please let me know. IF I HAVE SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM, I WOULD APPRECIATE A GOOD OR AN EXCELLENT RATING. I ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR MY SERICES WHEN I RECEIVE A POSITIVE RATING.