Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

Have an HP fax machine 6110 and it was working fine until I

Customer Question
attempted to copy Ana message...
Have an HP fax machine 6110 and it was working fine until I attempted to copy Ana message clear carriage came up! How doiclear it?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/30/2016
Technician: VanMagnus Systems, Engineer replied 1 year ago
VanMagnus Systems
Hello and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Sorry to hear of the issue. Please follow the steps or use the video below:Solution one: Turn the All-in-One off and on againPress the Power button () to turn off the product.Wait 15 seconds.Press the Power button () to turn on the product. NOTE:The product might go through a warm-up period. The product lights might flash and the carriage might move. Wait until the warm-up period finishes before proceeding.Try to print a self-test report. See the steps on how to print a self-test report at the top of this document.If these steps resolved the issue, and the test page prints, there is no need to continue troubleshooting. Reconnect the USB cable, and then try to print again.If the issue persists, continue with the next solution.If the test page does not print, continue with the next solution.Solution two: Clear any jammed paperJammed paper can cause the carriage to stall. Follow these steps to clear any jammed paper.Step one: Remove any loose paperRemove any loose sheets of paper from the input tray and the output tray. CAUTION:Do not remove jammed paper from the front of the product at this stage. Trying to clear jammed paper from the front of the product can damage the print mechanism.Step two: Clear the paper jam from the back of the All-in-OneUse the following steps to check for and remove jammed paper from the back of the HP product.Press the Power button () to turn off the product.Disconnect the USB cable from the back of the product.Disconnect the power cord from the back of the product.Remove the rear access door. Press in the tabs on the rear access door, and then pull the door away from the product to remove it.Figure : Remove the rear access doorGently pull the paper out of the rollers. CAUTION:If the paper tears when removing it from the rollers, check the rollers for torn pieces of paper that might remain inside the product. If any torn pieces of paper remain inside the product, more paper jams are likely to occur.Reattach the rear access door. Gently push the door forward until it snaps into place.Step three: Clear the paper jam from the front of the All-in-OneIf you cannot remove the paper jam from the back of the product, follow these steps to remove the paper jam from the front.Reconnect the power cord to the back of the product.Press the Power button () to turn on the product.Open the carriage access door by lifting the handle until the door locks into place. The carriage might try to move into the access area. If so, allow it to move to that position.Figure : Open the carriage access doorWithout turning off the product, disconnect the power cord from the back of the product. CAUTION:You must disconnect the power cord to move parts by hand without the risk of an electrical shock.Gently pull the paper out of the rollers. NOTE:Remove paper from the front of the product as carefully as possible. If any torn pieces of paper remain inside the product, more paper jams are likely to occur, and this could damage the print mechanism.Close the carriage access door.Figure : Close the carriage access doorReconnect the power cord to the back of the product.Press the Power button () to turn on the product.Try to print a self-test report. See the steps on how to print a self-test report at the top of this document.If these steps resolved the issue, and the test page prints, there is no need to continue troubleshooting. Reconnect the USB cable, and then try to print again.If the issue persists, continue with the next solution.If the test page does not print, continue with the next solution.Solution three: Make sure that the carriage moves freelyUse the following steps to make sure that the carriage moves freely.Press the Power button () to turn on the product.Open the carriage access door by lifting the handle until the door locks into place. The carriage might try to move into the access area. Allow it to move to that position.Figure : Open the carriage access doorWithout turning off the product, disconnect the power cord from the back of the product. CAUTION:You must disconnect the power cord to move parts by hand without the risk of an electrical shock.Disconnect the power cord from the wall outlet.Look inside the product to see where the carriage is stuck, and then check for any torn paper or other objects that might be restricting the carriage. NOTE:You might need a flashlight to illuminate areas for proper viewing.Reach inside the product through the carriage access door, and then manually move the carriage.If the carriage is stuck on the right side of the product, move the carriage to the left side of the product.If the carriage is stuck on the left side of the product, move the carriage to the right side of the product.If the carriage is stuck in the middle of the product, move the carriage to the right side of the product.Remove any loose paper or obstructions found.Make sure that the carriage can move freely across the width of the product by gently pushing the carriage to the left and then to the right.Close the carriage access door.Reconnect the power cord to the back of the product.Reconnect the power cord to the wall outlet.Press the Power button () to turn on the product.Try to print a self-test report. See the steps on how to print a self-test report at the top of this document.If these steps resolved the issue, and the test page prints, there is no need to continue troubleshooting. Reconnect the USB cable, and then try to print again.If the issue persists, continue with the next solution.If the test page does not print, continue with the next solution.Solution four: Remove and reinstall the cartridgesImproper placement or installation of the cartridges can cause the product to indicate a carriage jam error. Follow these steps to remove and then reinstall the cartridges.Step one: Remove the cartridgesPress the Power button () to turn on the product.Open the carriage access door by lifting the handle until the door locks into place. The carriage will move into the access area.Figure : Open the carriage access door CAUTION:Wait until the carriage is idle and silent before proceeding.Lift the latch to release the cartridge, and then pull the cartridge toward you to remove it from its slot.Figure : Remove the cartridges CAUTION:Do not touch the copper-colored contacts or ink nozzles. Touching these parts can result in clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections.Figure : Do not touch the contacts or ink nozzlesRepeat these steps for the other cartridge.Check for obstructions under and around the carriage. Remove any obstructions.Step two: Reinstall the cartridgesSlide the cartridge back into its slot.Figure : Slide the cartridge into the slotIf you are installing the tri-color cartridge, slide it into the left slot.If you are installing a black or photo cartridge, slide it into the right slot.Pull the cartridge latch toward you, and then press the latch down until it catches on the bottom tabs.Figure : Close the cartridge latchRepeat these steps for the other cartridge.Close the carriage access door.Figure : Close the carriage access doorTry to print a self-test report. See the steps on how to print a self-test report at the top of this document.If these steps resolved the issue, and the test page prints, there is no need to continue troubleshooting. Reconnect the USB cable, and then try to print again.If the issue persists, continue with the next solution.If the test page does not print, continue with the next solution.Solution five: Plug the product directly into a wall outletPlug the product directly into a wall outlet to make sure the power source is functioning correctly.Disconnect the power cord from the back of the product.Disconnect the power cord from any power strips or surge suppressors, and then plug it directly into a wall outlet.Reconnect the power cord to the back of the product.Press the Power button () to turn on the product.Try to print a self-test report. See the steps on how to print a self-test report at the top of this document. NOTE:If the product prints when plugged directly into a wall outlet, the power strip or surge suppressor might not be allowing enough voltage to reach the product.If these steps resolved the issue, and the test page prints, there is no need to continue troubleshooting. Reconnect the USB cable, and then try to print again.If the issue persists, continue with the next solution.If the test page does not print, continue with the next solution.Solution six: Perform a power resetUse the following steps to reset the product.Press the Power button () to turn on the product.Disconnect the power cord from the product.Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.Wait 15 seconds.Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.Reconnect the power cord to the back of the product.Press the Power button () to turn on the product.Try to print a self-test report. See the steps on how to print a self-test report at the top of this document. The Link for the above information: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00310245 Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLrME3wo0ws The procedure is the same for your printer Sir or Madam..If these steps resolved the issue, and the test page prints, there is no need to continue troubleshooting. Reconnect the USB cable, and then try to print again.If the test page prints successfully, but you experience a different issue with your printer, go to HP Product Support Home Page, and then search for another document that relates to the issue you are experiencing. NOTE:If the page displays in the wrong region or language, click the Region - Language link in the upper right corner of your browser. Then you can select the correct region and language.
John, Computer Science Engineer