John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Dell 1110 red light on after paper jam. i've tried everything JA:

Customer Question

dell 1110 red light on after paper jam. i've tried everything
JA: Sometimes printer issues that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: we had a paper jam, cleaned, reset it several times, changed paper, shook toner, red light still on
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: how much is this?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Sorry for the issue. I need ask a few questions of you if that is OK.What have you done so far? This is so we do not repeat any steps that you may have done...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried the basics just unplugging it and plugging it back in and tried to hard reset it.
OK, did you see and remove the Paper Jam?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have.
OK, from where in your printer did you remove it from?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In the back stuck in one of the rollers.
OK, please turn the Printer off and remove the Power Cord from the outlet.Let me know once this is done.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay its done
Give me a few moments as I type it all in for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay
Open the printer and check the paper path to see if there are any more paper in the printer. Rotate the Rollers if possible and also use some canned air to blow any more bits of paper out of the printer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay i did it
OK. now do you see anything in the printer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i do not
Do you have any canned air near you or even a Vacuum? What you are going to either blow out or Vacuum out the entire paper path.Let me know once this is done?
Is all OK? Where are you in the process?