John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Must I have a color ink cartridge, or can I just have the black

Customer Question

Must I have a color ink cartridge, or can I just have the black one and print with it. I rarely print material and the ink cartridges are dry after several months and they are expensive.
JA: Sometimes printer issues that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Do I need to have a color cartridge in the printer in order to print with the black.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of at this time.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you tell me please the model of your printer?Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm very sorry, but I cannot find anything distinguishing it other than KODAK. Right now there are no cartridges in the printer and the ones I have seem to have dried up. Is there any place on the printer where I should look that I might not have thought of?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, because there are no cartridges in the printer (AND THEY'RE ALL DRIED UP AND WONT PRINT.) and my goal is to cut down on expenses and use only black ink.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksWe can do a quick test. What happens when you try to print without the Color cartridges in the printer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you reply to this? Or can you give me further options on how to ID the printer. I do have the service number.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I think you missed my reply no problem Ill repeat We can do a quick test. What happens when you try to print without the Color cartridges in the printer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ABSOLUTELY NOT! I WANT A FULL PEFUND PLEASE.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ABSOLUTELY NOT??Sorry, did I say something to offend you??All I ask you was "What happens when you try to print without the Color cartridges in the printer?"Why have you replied in such a hostile manner??