John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My brother j615w is printing light blue only. It was fine

Customer Question

my brother j615w is printing light blue only. It was fine until black ran out and I replaced it.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Color and black and white requests result in light blue printing only
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: I replaced black and blue ink and I let the machine clean twice
JA: Sometimes printer issues that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
Do you see any message on the printer ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. When I copy, there are more colors but the color balance is slightly off. When I print, it is way off - Mostly light blue. Neither prints black.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I changed the black cartridge twice.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** steps below print a quality sheet and let me know, how it looks. Press Menu.Press the UP OR DOWN ARROW key or the dial pad to choose Ink or Ink Management and press OK.Press the UP OR DOWN ARROW key or the dial pad to choose Test Print and press OK.Press the UP OR DOWN ARROW key or the dial pad to choose Print Quality and press OK.Press Color (Colour) Start. The machine begins printing the Print Quality Check Sheet.