Printers

My Brother printer Ink Absorber Pad is full .. I am unable…

my Brother printer Ink Absorber...
my Brother printer Ink Absorber Pad is full .. I am unable to complete the instructions to purge this and want someone to help by getting into the printer work and fix it if possible... Read full answer
my Brother printer Ink Absorber Pad is full .. I am unable to complete the instructions to purge this and want someone to help by getting into the printer work and fix it if possible
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/27/2016
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with the best answer possible.Your printer has an ink absorber which takes in ink during the printing and print head cleaning operation. Over the life of the printer, the amount of ink that the ink absorber has absorbed is calculated by the printer. Eventually, after substantial use, the printer will enter an error condition when the ink absorber is almost full / completely full. To protect the printer from damage, you will not be able to print at all once the ink absorber is full.What is the age of your printer ?Regards,
the printer is less than 3 months old.. and yes I know the system.. but wasn't aware of this when I purchased it.. my old printer died in December..iI only bought this a few months ago.. then I had problems with the laptop and a geek squad member was here to correct it, and after he left I went to print .. and was shown that message.. my last visit with justanswer I was given the steps to correct it on the touch screen but it won't go past a certain point of just where it has to be to be corrected so I saw the option of someone fixing it from there and choose that.. thanks.. sorry I had to step away from this laptop to answer the phone.(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.brb I think my toast is burning..:(I'm back.. sorry.. it's been a morning from H___ here..Mr Sadique, are you able to use your system to correct this from there.. I don't know how to take it all the way to fix it.. I am not that literate or tech savy about this thanks..
Yes, I am here.This is not a problem which can be fixed remotely from my system.
can you help from there..
The waste ink pad has become full and needs to be replaced to get everything back to alright. You will have to order new waste ink pads from Canon and replace accordingly to get everything back to alright.Replacing the ink absorber is a complicated and potentially messy procedure. Even if the ink absorber is successfully changed, the ink absorber counter must be reset. Its not recommended for users to replace the waste ink absorber tank.
oh how awful.. guess I just get a new printer...
As your printer is only 3 months old, its under warranty. Canon will replace the ink absorber free of cost.I won't recommend you to try replacing the ink pad on your own. Canon will replace it free of cost.Free is always good.
I go online and order from Canon? how do they replace it ... if I can't do it.. how is it done.. yes free is good but as far as I'm concerned this printer sucks.. and I would throw it through a window if I could.. are all new printers like this with this #@$$ ink pad?
Canon is a very good Brand. Unfortunately your printer developed issues very early.Please call Canon at 800-OK-CANON(###) ###-####Don't worry they will fix your printer absolutely free of cost.Is there anything else I can help you with?Please rate my service by clicking on of the stars at the top > then click Submit.Thank You!
but I bought it online.. ok thanks for that answer.. it makes sense.
You can even follow this link to contact Canon: https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I installed a new ink cartridge and a message said "ink
I installed a new ink cartridge and a message said "ink absorber almost full", or something like that, I can't remember the exact words. What does this mean? … read more
Kent
Kent
Web Developer/Programmer,
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
I have a MFC-J985SW printer. The msg screen says "Ink
Hi, I have a MFC-J985SW printer. The msg screen says "Ink absorber pad full". I live in Blackwood NJ. What to do? … read more
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique
Engineer,
Diploma in applied electronics
I have a Brother printer model MFC-J985DW. I get a message
Hi, I have a Brother printer model MFC-J985DW. I get a message on the screen telling me that "{ ink absorber pad is full." What do I do ? … read more
Satheeshkumar S M
Satheeshkumar S M
Bachelor of Engineering
Stop searching for answers—
My Brother DCP - J315W will not print, and displayes the message
My Brother DCP - J315W will not print, and displayes the message Unable to Print 4F. There is no mention of 4F in the Troubleshooting section of the User,s Guide… read more
I'm trying to clean the ink absorber on my Canon Pixma MP470.
I'm trying to clean the ink absorber on my Canon Pixma MP470. I've read several instructions that sound easy, but I cannot get the ink absorbers out to wash them. Can you help?… read more
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique
Engineer,
Diploma in applied electronics
I have a Brother MFC--465CN printer that suddenly won't print. The
I have a Brother MFC--465CN printer that suddenly won't print. The error message on the small screen says, "Unable to print 4F" What can I do to get my printer working again?… read more
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
HI I have a brother MFC-215C the message unable to clean is
HI I have a brother MFC-215C the message unable to clean is appearing on screen. There is no paper jammed or obstacle in machine.… read more
hi I have (unable to print 4F) coming up on my printer screen
hi I have (unable to print 4F) coming up on my printer screen brother MFC J265W, I cannot cancel it any way can you help?… read more
Sowrav D.
Sowrav D.
Printer Technician,
My name isXXXXX own a brother MFC 210C I have been having
My name isXXXXX own a brother MFC 210C I have been having problems with it today its unable to clean I have tried a couple of things from the guide but without success. I would appreciate if you could… read more
Sowrav D.
Sowrav D.
Printer Technician,
ink absorber box is full, message troubleshooting & maintenance
ink absorber box is full, message troubleshooting & maintenance scan unable. how do i fix this problem or do i need to take the machine to a dealer to fix.… read more
Printer and Office Equip. Specialist,
Engineering Diploma
I have brother mfc-235c all in one printer clean unable 46
Hi I have brother mfc-235c all in one printer clean unable 46 error message recently appeared continuosly. just checked as much as possible but did not see any foreign object or ripped paper. also tri… read more
Bernie
Bernie
Printer Technician,
I have the message unable to clean 46 have checked the waste
I have the message unable to clean 46 have checked the waste ink absorbers but they are clean. Am low on black ink could this be the problem… read more
Bernie
Bernie
Printer Technician,
Stop searching for answers—
I have an MCC 5440CN and am getting a prompt that says unable
I have an MCC 5440CN and am getting a prompt that says unable to clean and refers me to the manual. The manual says it may have a foreign object stuck somewhere - it doesn't. It also says to unplug an… read more
Bernie
Bernie
Printer Technician,
re Brother printer, model MFC-5460CN: THE MACHINE IS NOT RESPONDING
re Brother printer, model MFC-5460CN: THE MACHINE IS NOT RESPONDING TO REQUESTS FROM THE COMPUTER TO PRINT. It states : clean unable 46 and to refer to manual. I have no manual. Can you help? MANY THA… read more
Bernie
Bernie
Printer Technician,
MFC 5860 CN " Clean unable 46 " This appears when i turn
MFC 5860 CN " Clean unable 46 " This appears when i turn on printer. I have checked for jammed paper. Any thing I can do ?… read more
Sowrav D.
Sowrav D.
Printer Technician,
My Brother MFC-5860CN keeps showing a clean unable 46 fault?
My Brother MFC-5860CN keeps showing a 'clean unable 46' fault? i cannot get it to do anything.… read more
Printer Doctor
Printer Doctor
Technical Support Manager,
My MFC 5460CN printer has been telling me for days clean unable
My MFC 5460CN printer has been telling me for days "clean unable 46" and "see user's guide in trouble shooting and general maintenance" - which I have looked at but there are no suggestions as to what… read more
sandy
sandy
Technical Specialist,
B.Tech
i have a brother mfc-240c printer witch dose not print i checked
i have a brother mfc-240c printer witch dose not print i checked thr ink that ok i checked all the moving parts everthing move i ger a unable 51 on the off on button dose not tune printer off… read more
Sowrav D.
Sowrav D.
Printer Technician,