Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete, Engineer
Experience:  HNC Computing; Large format and multifunction printer expert
30970729

I have printer error code 97 showing. the font is not printing

Customer Question

i have printer error code 97 showing. the font is not printing out properly in mainly the black font.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: when printing out the text which is printed - mainly black text - does not print out fully. then error code 97 has appeared. ive tried cleaning the nozzles but has not worked
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: i use 252xl cartridges
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
What is the model number of your printer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Apologies i thought that had been passed on. Epson WF 3640
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if you can please provide me with your thoughts that will be sufficient for now. thank you
Ok, this error on an Epson WF-3640 indicates a hardware fault with the printer.Start by removing all of the ink cartridges and inspect the cartridge chips. If dirty or inky, wipe all chips with damp tissue then polish them dry before fitting the cartridges back into the printer again. Also clean the area on the printer where the cartridges sit.If that does not work, try fitting new cartridges into the printer. If that does not work either then some parts inside the printer have likely dislodged or broken, and the most economical solution for this is to replace the printer unless it is still under warranty.