Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I have a brother printer that is giving me an error messge

Customer Question

I have a brother printer that is giving me an error messge Manual feed insert paper
I cannot get the start button to eventurn on any ideas
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted. Unplug the power button from the printer and wait for 10 mins and power it back on and let try to print.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Michelle I did unplug and wait 10 minutes still same problem any ideas???
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
let me know the exact error
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says Manual Feed Insert Paper and there is paper in paper tray also the "start" button is dead??
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
open the cover and remove the toner cartridges.remove the paper tray and empty the tray.unplug the power and power it back on after 3 mins with out the toner carteridges and papers.Let me know the error you get after you turn it back on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says Toner Life End open front cover and replace with new cartridge
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
good. Now just insert the toner and close the cover. Make sure there is no paper jammed inside.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yuk! yuk still same error of Manual feed insert paper
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
how old is the printer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
about 5 years
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
please confirm the model# ***** the printer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DCP 7020
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
let me know if you have windows or macos on the computer thats connected to printer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
if you try printing a test page from the printer or computer does the error repeat from both or you get a print from either
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I get nothing and it is windows xp
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
it seems that either the paper sensor has stopped working or there is an internal faultremove all paper from printer and turn off printerunplug power cordkeep the On button pressed for 10 secsplug in power cordlet me know does it give the error immediately after power on or only once you try to print something
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is still not right I got it to print something but there is still an error
I have to go to work can I communicate when I return???
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
This seems to be a hardware fault and unit would need to be receivedi would suggest to contact any local repair store and get the unit serviced.however i would suggest to take a service estimate cost first as if its a faulty sensor the repair might be costly and you might consider buying a new printer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
i hope you understand that in case of hardware faults i can suggest cleaning and reset steps but cannot make a bad part work again.I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the stars on top right of the page and hit submit.