Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

My HP 6830 printer has worked fine before. I just installed

Customer Question
My HP 6830 printer has...
My HP 6830 printer has worked fine before.
I just installed a new set of ink cartiages, now it will only print test messages, but not print from print e-mail messages.
Also it will not scan anymore.
What happened and how can I fix it?
Porter?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
4/24/2016
Technician: Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist replied 1 year ago
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience: A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. To get started, I need to know what type of computer you're using.Windows XP, Widows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Or a Mac. If it's a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows. Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
HP Windows7
Thank you. And would you like me to try and guide you through the repair process by written communication? Or would you prefer to have me connect and fix the issue directly via a secure remote ( screen sharing ) session. Thank you for your reply, Dustin S.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
A writen step by step would be appreciated
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yes a written step by step would be appreciated.
Ok, first click the start button on your computer, then click devices and printers. Then, right click and delete any copy of your hp 6840 printer. Once deleted.. Go to this link next and download t he full featured software and driver package http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Officejet-Pro-6830-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/5390307/model/5390308 Once downloaded, open that package and run it.. This will reinstall the printer and its software. Once complete, try to print again. If its still not working let me know, and if it is working please remember to return here and click and submit a rating to show that I was able to assist you. Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Duystin;
I followed your instructions and downloaded the program.
But it still will not print from my Windows Live Mail messages ,nor scan any documents.
What has is wrong and how can yu fix it?
My apologies for the delay in getting back to you, by the time you responded over an hour later, it was well past the end of my shift. Im sending this message before I turn in for the night.. It might be best if we connect via a secure remote session so I can fix this issue in person. If that something youd like to try, I will be working from 11 am till 8 pm Monday through Friday. Dustin S.
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist