Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I own a HP LaserJet P2055dn. It stopped printing and I have

Customer Question
I own a HP LaserJet...
I own a HP LaserJet P2055dn. It stopped printing and I have no idea how to help it. When I hit print now, it says 'load paper' but there is already paper in it. Can you help?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
4/23/2016
Technician: WesPCDr, Technician replied 1 year ago
WesPCDr
WesPCDr, Technician
Hi, I can help with the printer issue.
Sometimes the rollers become dirty and cause the paper to slip. This can cause the paper not to pick up or even cause a paper jam because the sensors do not see the paper pass in a certain amount of time.To fix the problem, unplug the printer power cable. Open the covers and remove any cartridges and look for loose paper. Use tweezers to pull the paper out or the eraser end of a pencil to move the rollers and get to the paper. Then use a damp paper towel with water or Windex and clean the rollers. Start where the paper touches the printer and look for white, gray, and black rollers. Use your fingers to move the rollers as much as you can to clean them. Open the printer and clean the other rollers you can find as well.Open each cover front, top, and back of the printer and look for pieces of paper in the rollers. Move the rollers with your fingers to clean and move any loose paper out as well.Then plug the printer power back in try to print
WesPCDr
WesPCDr
WesPCDr, Technician