Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience:  I am a technology professional with 18 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).
93256567

I installed the Windows 10 driver and software SCX-3405W

Customer Question

I installed the Windows 10 driver and software for the SCX-3405W and all seemed well.
I am able to scan from the printer to the computer, but when I try to print a document, it goes to the print queue and then disappears as if the job had printed, but nothing will come out. Is there a fix for this problem. I know the cable is working because of the successful scanning.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 1 year ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I am an independent technology expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. It is my pleasure to assist you today.My first thoughts would be that either 1) the printer driver did not install correctly, or 2) there are multiple installations of the same driver currently installed. Let's try this just to make sure we've got a completely clean installation:First, let's remove all of the existing Samsung drivers and printer software from your computer. To do this, right-click on your START button and choose CONTROL PANEL from the menu. Navigate to VIEW DEVICES AND PRINTERS (under the Hardware and Sound category), or DEVICES AND PRINTERS if you're viewing Control Panel in large/small icon mode. Right-click and remove any existing instances of your printer here.Next, return to CONTROL PANEL and navigate to PROGRAMS AND FEATURES (or UNINSTALL A PROGRAM -- under the PROGRAMS header -- in Category view). Locate and uninstall all software related to your Samsung printer.Finally, let's reinstall the software. The official driver download is available here:http://org.downloadcenter.samsung.com/downloadfile/ContentsFile.aspx?CDSite=UNI_HK_EN&CttFileID=6475942&CDCttType=SW&ModelType=N&ModelName=SCX-3405W&VPath=SW/201603/20160324160232794/SCX-3400_Series_WIN_EPM_V1.05.82.00.exeAfter reinstalling the software, try to print again. Please post back with your results!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That did not work. I uninstalled all the Samsung software that would uninstall. There was a print manager that would not uninstall and a couple of programs that were being blocked by Administrator because they were deemed unsafe. When I used the link to download the software and install it, the software indicated that it was already installed and would I like to repair it. I chose the repair option. The same results occurred as what precipitated this help call. What is next?
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 1 year ago.
We'll need to find a way to completely remove Samsung Print Manager; it is corrupted. Let's try using a third-party uninstaller.The product I'd recommend is REVO UNINSTALLER FREE. It is available at:http://www.revouninstaller.com/start_freeware_download.htmlOnce installed, you'll be presented a similar interface to the native Windows Control Panel applet. Try to remove all traces of Samsung Print Manager using this program. Please let me know if it works.