Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

Toshiba p755 wn7 loaded old disc and will not

Customer Question
toshiba p755 wn7 loaded old...
toshiba p755 wn7 loaded old disc for hp3390pcl6 and will not print it will show print in queu although i have old toshiba xp a45s151 that it will print just fine have a router for both and internet etc need a solution and am not tech savvy please help it trie to print but will not apparently communicate the klic /command my email is jamesn1942a2gmail.com and my ph number is(###) ###-####
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
4/15/2016
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 1 year ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Is the printer connected to the router with an Ethernet/network cable or with a USB cable?Do you know the IP address of the printer?When you install the printer's CD disk, did it ask for network connection? If yes, does it detect the network printer or not?Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
where do i find the ip address on or for the printer i have documents from the purchase and it just shows model and serial numbers
On the control panel, press Menu.Use the < or the > button to select Reports, and then press Checkmark.Use the < or the > button to select Network report, and then press Checkmark.When you install the printer's CD disk, did it ask for network connection? If yes, does it detect the network printer or not?Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can help you directly?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no to remote i am looking for ip address now
With remote support, you can see everything I do on the screen, and we have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau website:http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403/Remote support is quicker and easier for you as I would do all the troubleshooting steps directly for you. Otherwise, I will provide written instructions.OK, please check the IP address.Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sorry I just wasted $33 for nothing and the test report just shows configuring and does not provide the number to print or read via my Toshiba xp system
We guarantee our service, so don't worry. We have not tried anything yet, we are just printing the test report; this is only the first step. What does it show on the report?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hardware address 00:14:38:d1:2e:72 & IP Address Configuring + Host name: NPID12E72 that is all I received on report under Product Settings on report print out
Thanks
Technician: Michelle, Printer Expert replied 1 year ago
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.How is the printer connected to the computer?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
router
wireless or ethernet?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no to remote... and what do you mean by ethernet vs wireless? I believe it is wireless via the router. We have a Cisco Lynksys E2500 I am not sure if the original hook up to my Toshiba XP The HP 3390 was and is still connected through my phone line which is now Century link.
Secure remote assistance is an additional service, however if you do not want to opt for not problem we can continue the chat.You will have to tell me do you know the router security password, the password ***** be required to connect the printer to the wifi network.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
NO
If you do not know the password ***** the router how can we connect the printer to the wifi network?
I can search for the router password ***** you if you opt for a remote assistance however there will be an additional charger for the service.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Michelle, The answer is no for the 2nd time
If you do not have the router password ***** cannot connect the printer back to its wifi network in that case you will have to install the printer on a usb cable directly to the computer to print.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do have Router password
Alright then its good. I will give you a link to download the latest driver software for the printer. Download and install the software and when you select the wifi during the installation you may enter the router password ***** prompted.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK Good i will look for it shortly
Thanks
You may click on the link below and select the full featured driver software to download and then install it. http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=1140613
John, Computer Science Engineer