Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

Konica c6500 3103 error. What should we look to do. ML

Customer Question

Konica c6500 3103 error. What should we look to do.
ML
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** am sorry to hear you are having this problem. Was anything recently replaced? Did you recently have any papers jams or anything like that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing out of ordinary, 1001 jam.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Where did you remove the jam from? Did you remove any parts to get to the jam?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello don't need remote assistance,... no parts removed.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Where did you remove the jam from in the machine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Paper was removed from the fuser.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you I had a feeling you might say that. This error means there is an issue with the fuser and can sometimes be caused by improper contact. Can you remove and re-seat the fuser into the machine for me? Make sure to turn the machine off and let it cool down first. The fuser can get extremely hot when the machine is on.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Did you already re-seat when you checked the pins?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually was just told backup fuser was traded out with same result.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Ok did you clean the area inside the machine with the fuser removed as well? Sometimes a small bit of paper can get stuck inside and cause this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK all contacts looks clean and free of any obstructions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any other thoughts
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just want to make sure you are still with me on this problem
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
I am still here. I work full time at the same time so I may not be able to reply right away. Did the error number change at all or is it the same number?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, the error is still 3103. we noticed a white plastic cam that lifts the second transfer roller out of place. It seem s to be moved to the right of plastic rollers. What would move this cam out of position. Is motor bad or something else.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately that is not a good sign yes that could be a motor. Usually the 2nd transfer release motor but it could also be a sensor. For something like that you would want a technician to come look at the machine. How old is the machine.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Do you want help finding a local technician that works on Konica machines?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
These are the parts I would check. Drive boardControl board2nd transfer motor 2nd transfer sensor DC Power supplyIf you have any questions about this at all please reply and let me know before rating.If not please don't forget to leave a positive rating so I am paid for my time it is greatly appreciated.