John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

The printer screen says it does not recognize 220 XL black

Customer Question

The printer screen says it does not recognize 220 XL black ink cartridge, even though it lists it as one of the recommended cartridges. I tried a second new 220 XL cartridge at the suggestion of the technician at Office Depot where I had bought the ink. He said that if neither new tape cartridge worked, then it must be a problem with the printer. I tried to run a head-cleaning, but I don't think it worked.
What do I do now?
Category: Printers
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you with your question today. I am John, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem. If you are using generic or refilled cartridges, please try with a new and genuine Epson cartridge. If that does not work, we can try cleaning the printhead using a printhead cleaning kit like this one ====> EPSON PRINTHEAD CLEANING KIT <==== CLICK HERE This should clean the printhead inside, and then the cartridge should be recognized. If that does not work, then the printhead is completely faulty and it is usually more expensive to replace than to buy a new printer. =====Remember this doesn't have to be the final communication. We can continue the conversation for no additional charges. Please read below also: Some customers get upset when they do not get a quick solution and as a result rate my service as poor even though it is the correct answer. I respectfully ***** ***** you go to rate me, if you are inclined to rate me poorly, to please let me know what more I can do to gain a positive rating. That would be highly appreciated. If you are satisfied with my job please leave me a positive feedback, that's the only way for me to be paid by JustAnswer.com, you won't be charged again. Remember this doesn't have to be the final answer. We can continue communicating for no additional charges. If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know clicking reply. Please do not leave negative feedback, just click Reply instead. Thank You and I wish you all the best. GOD Blessings!!! John=====