Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have not used this printer much. Four or five times. The

Customer Question
I have not used this...
I have not used this printer much. Four or five times. The last ten times, when the paper is feeding, it is curling and jamming. I am ready to go buy another printer (not Canon). I have been in computers for over 30 years. I have unjammed many printers. There is basically no documentation.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
4/12/2016
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Engineer
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Thomas.Are you getting any error codes/messages from the printer?Are you feeding from the front tray? Normal plain paper, letter size?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nathan, the printer is once again working. I finally got a display that told me how to go into the back and remove the jammed paper. Thanks. You may close this ticket. Please note that, in my opinion, the documentation for this printer is too simple to be helpful.
I understand that it is too expensive to print manuals for the users, but I would think that somewhere there is documentation that has more details. I am using the link, but I just get
Forbidden - You don't have permission to access /ij/webmanual/ErrorCode/MX470 series/ on this server.Canon's documentation is not very helpful.
Thanks, Nathan,
Thomas
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You may not be affected, but I will probably not buy a Canon printer again. I have never seen a printer with such over-simlified documentation. I have written user manuals for software for years: NIH, Exec. Office of the President, ATT, OMB, Verizon.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please assist me with not signing up for a monthly charge. I cannot afford it. Verizon just laid off all of us (ten) in the Virginia area. They referred to it as "involuntary separation." Thanks, Nathan.
-Thomas
Hi Thomas,please reply only once, and give me an opportunity to compose a detailed reply. Multiple messages get pushed down the queue and delay the process further.
I can't close/cancel anything, I'm an independent tech trying to help you here. You may do so from the help page though. For what its worth, I wouldn't buy a canon either. If you need more help I'm happy to hep you with documentation or replacement recommendations.Nathan
John, Computer Science Engineer