Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

My Epson xp820 only wants to print from CD/DVD tray. Have

Customer Question

My Epson xp820 only wants to print from CD/DVD tray. Have tried Print Properties dialog box to make sure tras and paper sizes are set correctly. Loaded latest drivers from Epson site. Running Windows 2007 and Word 2010. How can I get printer to print from paper tray?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. A sensor may be stuck, in the printer, in the region of the CD tray. So to try to un-stick the sensor, you need to try inserting a CD in that position as if (mechanically speaking, as opposed to in the settings etc.) you were trying to print onto a CD.Then reverse the process: take the CD out, position all trays for printing from normal paper stock instead. See if that frees up the printer's workings. If not, then try a rest-reset: unplug the printer while it is On, from the power, sharply and suddenly.Leave it unplugged for over an hour and a half, long enough to cool thoroughly and reset.Then try it again.(How old is the printer? have you used the CD printing feature on it before this? and if so, often or seldom?)