Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I have a MG3620 printer. After paper jam received a 6000

Customer Question

I have a MG3620 printer. After paper jam received a 6000 code
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Roger. This is a “diffuse” message which simply denotes an internal fault (line feed error). That can be caused by anything from debris/obstruction (paper jam, bent/damaged rails, out of place purge assembly/wiper, or dirty/dislocated encoder strip) to an actual hardware defect (bad sensor or control board, faulty carriage drive motor/gear/belt, bad printhead/carriage pcb).What we can try here are some cleaning and reset steps.First, open up the printer, and check for any internal debris such as scraps of paper, paperclip or staple, etc. First remove the input paper supply.Check if you’re able to move the carriage manually, or if it moves on its own when lifting the lid. If it does move, you can proceed with cleaning by blowing out the Inside compartment with compressed air and checking carefully on both sides for any obstructions. Next remove all of the ink cartridges, then clean the metal electrical contacts on the back, as well as where they mate up inside the printer, using qtips and rubbing alcohol. Dry well, then reseat the cartridges. Then wipe down the encoder strip, which is a clear plastic strip running the width of the printer, that sits just slightly above and behind the carriage. Next take a piece of heavy paper like card stock and push that through the rollers (feed path) to dislodge any last bits of paper that may be stuck.Slide the paper guides to the center then back out, fan the front edge of the paper stack, and replace the paper supply. Then reset the machine:unplug power at the wall outletwait 5 minutespress and hold the power/on button for 60+ secondskeep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release Let me know the results, and I’ll advise further if needed. This is a “diffuse” message which simply denotes an internal fault. That can be caused by anything from debris/obstruction (paper jam, bent/damaged rails, out of place purge assembly/wiper, or dirty/dislocated encoder strip) to an actual hardware defect (bad sensor or control board, faulty carriage drive motor/gear/belt, bad printhead/carriage pcb).What we can try here are some cleaning and reset steps.First, open up the printer, and check for any internal debris such as scraps of paper, paperclip or staple, etc. First remove the input paper supply.Check if you’re able to move the carriage manually, or if it moves on its own when lifting the lid. If it does move, you can proceed with cleaning by blowing out the Inside compartment with compressed air and checking carefully on both sides for any obstructions. Next remove all of the ink cartridges, then clean the metal electrical contacts on the back, as well as where they mate up inside the printer, using qtips and rubbing alcohol. Dry well, then reseat the cartridges. Then wipe down the encoder strip, which is a clear plastic strip running the width of the printer, that sits just slightly above and behind the carriage. Next take a piece of heavy paper like card stock and push that through the rollers (feed path) to dislodge any last bits of paper that may be stuck.Slide the paper guides to the center then back out, fan the front edge of the paper stack, and replace the paper supply. Then reset the machine:unplug power at the wall outletwait 5 minutespress and hold the power/on button for 60+ secondskeep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release Let me know the results, and I’ll advise further if needed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Went through the steps described. Paper feeds OK, but printing is still distorted. Went through directions to realign printer but test page prints not lined up.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
I wasn't aware you were having print quality issues as well. If that is not resolved via the alignment process, it points to a clogged or contaminated printhead.Go into the maintenance menu and run the nozzle cleaning function up to 5 times (or until improved).
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
I’ve attempted to accept your call request, but it appears to have failed on your end due to a payment issue. You may need to increase your deposit or clear a security hold on your account. I’ll resend a new phone offer from my end that may be more readily processed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did head cleaning 3 times then deep cleaning. Ran deep cleaning pattern and it looks OK. Tried printing a document and it is still distorted. I will accept your offer again. Answered Bank security questions so that should be fine now.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I verified my Bank info but apparently your system will not reprocess with the same card. Bank told me it should be OK. Problem was not with balance. Multiple small transactions - $5, $18, $26. I'll see if the new offer works.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess I'll need to wait until tomorrow with the Bank. Can I request you tomorrow?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry for the continued issues. Must be a site glitch, but I'm not able to see any account related information on my end. It looks like the 5+18 was for the original question online about the 6000 error, the other part may have been an auth for the remote, so not sure why it didn't go through.Yes that would be just fine, just follow up back with me here when you're ready (or even just try to accept it again, i'll resend one more for you to click on tomorrow). Bookmark this page to get back with me directly.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Do you need more help with this?